Reverse Mount ground clearance with TorqueBoard mounts and motors

I was putting together my first DIY esk8 with the Torqueboard mounts and I’m finding the ground clearance a little low… does this look low to anyone else? Or am I being paranoid?

I can’t raise it any higher… the next possible position would be way too high.

Advice please!!! Thank you!

1 Like

That’s too low… unless you get rid of the riser in which case it’s reasonable. Alternatively, add another riser. Or just rotate the motor so that the wires aren’t a problem and then you’re good to go (most likely)

1 Like

That’s what I thought … :stuck_out_tongue: … Thanks!

1 Like

I had the same problem with other mounts. Designed my own mounts that will arrive soon from china :smiley:

5 Likes

Will they be available for sale?

I ordered a small batch and if they hold up well I will sell the ones I do not use myself.

On the topic of bringing up other mounts…

Mine will not have that ground clearance issue either. Just thought I would casually throw this in the mix :slight_smile: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/boardnamics-idler-motor-mounts-for-sale/46255

3 Likes

You could try relocating the rear truck further back on the deck so that the motors are not under the deck.

1 Like

@Erod - We have a reverse mount if you want to mount in reverse. Out of stock now but should have some in on Monday/Tuesday. Reverse mount will also clear the baseplate.

2 Likes

Move the trucks back and not do reverse mount?.. hmm… might be crazy enough to work.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve already spend way more $$ on parts than I was expecting… Would rather buy a used deck that fits better.

Do you have an SLDPRT or F3D file of those kegels by any chance?

Actually, I meant to move the truck back and keep it reverse mounted.

Please keep us posted, I’m in for a set!

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I thought you meant at first… but the motor wouldn’t fit that high anyways, the trucks are in the way…

BUT I still moved the trucks back 3/4 inch to the rear and I think that’s going to work non-reverse… Just need a slightly higher riser… so thanks for the idea!

1 Like

On an electric skateboard? No way

9 Likes

giphy (1)

2 Likes

I feel your pain. My budget at last summer was 600e. I exceeded it only about 800e​:joy::joy:

2 Likes

Its just a cylinder with a picture mapped on top :slight_smile:

Sure! I will make a thread about them after testing :slight_smile: