PWRESC 6 pre-orders on pwrboards.com

I agree with @mmaner

Let the guy breathe, obviously his price was incorrect as it was vastly off from the updated price.

7 Likes

Itā€™s a European store. Typically we pay more for pruducts (+20ā€°). USD prices are always unobtainable.

I donā€™t think the introduction price I bad.

1 Like

Thank you for all the feedback guys. I understand that some of you is skeptical. I understand that. Hopefully we can prove that the product will be as promising as we hope. No matter what, I think it is worth a try. The price is a totally different one from the current market price. It might not perform as great as Trampaā€™s. We will see. We will get back to you when we have got some more test results. I also think we will cancel the preorder for now until we have proven it to be a good product.

Thank you again for the comments.

3 Likes

You know that we know that this costs 80$ in materials right?

If only the world worked like that, my car would cost around 3000 Euro new.

8 Likes

There are factory and shipping and possibly taxes but that does not justify a 400 pound price

That is actually true. From a good source I heard a VW Golf doesnā€™t cost more than 3000ā‚¬ in material. Doesnā€™t matter which engine or features. That is the reason they donā€™t want to build electric cars where the battery alone costs them 10000ā‚¬.

imo batteries are still to expensive for anything basically especially for cars where you need like 100kwh of juice

compared to gas prices buying an EV is not worth it maybe in a long term like 15+ years but in the developed countries who owns the same car so long?

The introduction price was well below that.

nevertheless this price does not make any sense im not interested in this nor i need it so im muting this thread

I guess shippings to Europe+taxes are to blame. The price is high but maybe a lower price is just not viable. About the product itselfā€¦ You better test it before selling.

1 Like

Interesting. So what would everyone say would be a good price since according to some the new price is a rip off? Letā€™s take out the fact that itā€™s an untested ESC and say it works just as good as Trampas?

Keeping in account that itā€™s European and the store obviously needs to make money.

Literally anything you buy its marked up at least 100%. This is how business works: you pay for the service the business man offers. If you dont like this tradeoff its totally fine, but then you shouldā€™t buy groceries and clothes either. The problem here is that the manufacturer hasnā€™t dealt well with distributors pricing. BTW Iā€™d be surprised if a focbox costs more than 45/50$ to make.

i donā€™t understand why that was flaggedā€¦ i said what other people have already said, just straight up

Well this is cheaper and from a trusted company.

https://store7570530.ecwid.com/#!/VESC-made-in-Germany/p/56097898/category=15255004

Feel free to shoot this argument down but:

The esk8.de ESC says itā€™s based on the VESC 4.12 hardware, this one @OskarCastrone offered was supposed to be based on the VESC 6?

1 Like

Thatā€™s the 4.12ā€¦ this thread is about a Six clone. And has @OskarCastrone proven to be unreliable? Heā€™s Been here for more than both you an I and at least 11 people forum members advocate for him in terms of trust

Edit: But good looks, Might cop a dual. Germany upgraded too? Nice

Its not the VESC 4.12 its based on 4.12 hardware with upgraded components

I didnt say he was unreliable. Both may be reliable but oskar is selling an untested product.

1 Like

So basically a German Focbox? But itā€™s still not the 6 nor is it based on the VESC6

I donā€™t understand why everyone is bashing at him for trying to launch a new product.

Heā€™s taking a risk, developing a new product which currently only exists with one vendor in the EU (Trampa that I know of). The fact that the cost of the materials in the BOM is X does not mean it is reasonable to charge the same amount when selling it as people said.

and also what @Jc06505n said