OllinBoardCo OM5065-200kv Sensored Motor

Just in case 12s capable motor please for me

Thank you

You might fit these on a dual rear if you go with some 195mm paris trucks. Dual rear is esthetically pleasing but I donā€™t like having that much weight on the tail end of my boards. Dual diagonal drives spread the weight more evenly and the board responds much better when hitting sketchy pavement. Having said this I am still open to building a dual rear to find a suitable truck/mount/ configuration if there is enough interest.

I should add that these motors are roughly half the weight of an sk3 motor and I really noticed a big difference in ride quality having switched from a 149kv sk3 to this form factor. Gaps and rough pavement feel much less aggressive than when riding with the big sk3ā€™s. The main reason for this is due to the difference between sprung and unsprung weight. Motors in eboarding are considered ā€œunsprung weightā€ so finding the balance of power to weight is really important when deciding what motors to use.

1 Like

@chaka did I mess you up ordering the wrong thing yesterday?

No, not at all. We made a note to your order. Just to clarify you want the 170kv motor, that would be my choice on a 12s single drive. If you went 200kv at 12s I would suggest going with a dual diagonal drive.

Yeah I want to make sure the motor will be happy at 12s ā€¦ Gonna be testing out a new 12s esc with it

Shouldnā€™t it work on the v4 mounts too? It looks like itā€™s accommodating for most motor sizes.

EDIT: unless this pic isnā€™t the v4 mountā€¦ itā€™s kind of hard to get clear info on the site

wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Bolt-On-Single-Motor-Electric-Skateboard-2.jpg

This is v3 I thinkā€¦but thatā€™s true, DIY website is super messy. Itā€™s hard to find anything there. He should change it.

Isnā€™t this one v3? Since the site says v3 was 5 pieces

wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Electric-Skateboard-Motor-Mount-Kit.jpg

I am sure V4 uses the motor mounting bolts to adjust the belt tension so it is likely only suitable for 63mm motors. @torqueboards might chime in and let us know what the future holds for V3.

1 Like

Thatā€™s v1. The one posted 2 up is the v3.

If I make it a dual Iā€™d get the 200kv and try the offset kv like @lowGuidoā€¦ I think itā€™s a novel set up and ourside the box that no one does

Thanks! I wonder why he doesnt have a picture of the v4 up there.

Chaka what belts and pulleyā€™s are you planning to offer?

This is great to finally have high performance drive train options.

He has one on the site now 8th the first picture with the duel motor set up

We are coming out with 2 different drives/mounts. The first one is pretty standard 9mm belt and lower price, should be more than adequate for lighter riders on a single or anyone on a dual.

The second mount is designed around a machined caliber truck and a 15mm belt with a fully supported wheel pulley. This will take a little more time, we are still working some details. You will be able to swap wheels or rotate for even wear by removing the axle nut alone. The drive system remains intact. Iā€™ll post up some photos after we lock down the first run on the machined components. Shouldnā€™t really say much more until we get the production run all lined out.

6 Likes

Do they work on pyschotiller mounts?

Sorry if this was asked before Iā€™m on my phone @chaka

No, those only handle 63mm motors.

1 Like

Couldnā€™t a 63mm mount be modified to accept smaller motors? As long as they are both 8mm shafts, it should center up.

An adapter plate can be fitted but it would need to be threaded.

1 Like

@chaka what is our best option if we wanted to run 12s Sensoredā€¦is it the VESC? Is there alternatives?