Ollin V2 Motor Mount - Adjustable Idler Drive

I ended up painting the top of my trigger remote white after multiple people asked if it was a gun. I’m thinking bright orange or red may be better since white can look metallic at night.

1 Like

We are still using shapeways for their manufacturing services. I have been thinking of offering more colors, https://www.shapeways.com/materials/strong-and-flexible-plastic

2 Likes

Smart. Just what we need, someone getting shot while holding an estate remote.

Especially down hear in the Dirty South, @longhairedboy knows, there are a lot of people with a lot of guns who are very eager. I think some orange on those trigger style remotes would be an excellent idea. I know it would be good here in Birmingham, Al!

i’m sticking with Maytech remotes for now until that new one that guy invented on that other thread hits the market.

1 Like

This is how I hold mine. Not once has it been confused as a gun. Of course, I live in an area where guns and responsible ownership are common place. Not unusual to see people with a pistol on their hip crusin into town on a horse. :joy:

3 Likes

Sorry to derail your thread :slight_smile:

I think this is the crux of it.

It doesn’t look like a gun at all to me either but I’ve even had people react to my remote even when it was hanging from my wrist by the strap - what kind of gun would you even hang by a wrist strap! So yeah, it definitely seems dumb to me whenever someone asks if the remote is a gun, to me it doesn’t look like anything close. Then the conversation usually goes with me saying, “no it’s a remote” while I open palm it out for them to see followed by them replying “well it still looks like a gun.” In Chicago there’s a cocktail of ignorance and violence that has lead to hypersensitivity and fear. There had been a ban on guns in the city up until the Heller Supreme Court case, so, most people in the downtown and northern areas (the more affluent areas) have never even seen a gun before but they’ve sure read about gun violence or seen it on the news. After that case went through there was a lot of hysterics regarding the legalization of concealed carries within the city limits, which you can now have but pretty much every building downtown bans entry if you’re carrying. Then there’s the police force, which I have an incredible amount of respect for, where they have to make split second reads on how you hold your hand and arm – it’s no wonder that they’ve misidentified wallets, cellphones, et cetera as weapons. After I was asked the 3rd time I knew it wasn’t a fluke anymore, it’s just the region I’m in so I guess when in Rome… you gotta paint your remotes bright colors.

2 Likes

You mean the Flywheel versión of this wheel pulley… :point_down:

…will fit in to this wheel (107 mm - 77A - CP 62) ?? :point_down:

1 Like

Those are the older style flywheels (god I want a set of the pink ones) so you would have to remove about 12mm from the inside of the wheel.

The superflys already have the inner lip taken down so they should fit right on

Where did you find those pink 107s anyways man :wink:

1 Like

Image from the net. Yeah, pinks come with wider contact patch than greens (62 mm). Me too I want a set.

You would need to shave the inner edge of the electric flywheels but the superflys fit.

@FredSaberhagen beat me to it!

@chaka Is it possible just to get this for a single drive system? Still getting both trucks but only one machined?

1 Like

Yes, just cut the price in half then add $45 for the front truck if you need it.

1 Like

When will orders start?

1 Like

Right now all I have available is the raw/red ronins but I will be ordering more black Ronins soon, maybe today. Do you have a preference? If you want these sooner we can do a little group buy of 10 sets to get the ball rolling a little faster. I think we can manage a 10% discount if anyone is interest in reserving a set. We can personalize the trucks a bit more too if anyone wants other color combinations, different bushings/baseplates or gear ratios.

5 Likes

@chaka would you be willing to sell the Abec11 Flywheel adapters separately for use in my own drivetrain?

2 Likes

Put me down for a single set w/front truck. Raw is fine, I kind of like them like that. Also purchasing a set of popoca wheels. Would like to change 16t to 14t if that is possible?

Edit: Also, for bushings, I’m a little on the lighter side and I’m not pushing this build past 30 mph. So maybe a softer barrel and cone config?

1 Like

@jmasta We will have the abec flywheel adapters available soon. I changed a few things to optimize the design for the kegel/popoca hub, an abec adapter will follow.

@Michael319 14t is an option. I’ll get a listing going this evening and work out the production schedule so everyone has a solid time frame on expected delivery.

The stock “fruit punch” bushings should be fine for you. If you end up needing something softer we can switch it out but I think you will like the stock bushings if you like it on the softer side.

2 Likes

@chaka Sweet! Yes, I’m interested in a group buy, and am willing to put money down for a dual drive set-up with the Popoca adapters. I have decision paralysis on truck and base plate colors, but would probably go all black if that’s an option.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve got a fair amount of extra bushings laying around, from my last board…

Take a look at the options available and we will set it up however you like. Ronin Bushings and Pivot Tubes

I like the stock bushings but I change out the boardside/rear bushing for an “ice tea” 95a bushing.

The stack height is important so be sure to check bushing height if you use another brand.

@surprisebirthday I’ll check to be sure stock is available but all black is an option.

2 Likes