Ollin V2 Motor Mount - Adjustable Idler Drive

code name “macuahuitl” (mach-wheat-il)

That sounds like Nahuatl.

They will definitely need some obsidian colored wheels

Definitely you got something with the pre-columbian Mesoamerican cultures.

It is a big part of my heritage/ancestry, not too many people pick up on it. Ollin in a simple form means “movement” but the actual meaning goes much deeper.

4 Likes

Great!! A lot of common words (things, food, animals, fruits) come from the Nahuatl because they are originally from Central America… Coyotl (Coyote) …Ahuacatl (Avocado) …Tomatl (Tomato) … Chocolatl (Chocolate). :+1: :slight_smile:

History teacher? Is that you?

1 Like

Im sorry for coming late to history class so much… Im not getting much sleep bc of this moving piece of wood

2 Likes

Only when people ask!

2 Likes

Then, besides the name ‘Ollin’ placed on your boards you should use the petroglyph that represents the name, as well…

2 Likes

I should! It would look great on a deck :wink:

6 Likes

Sorry If this has been asked and answered before, What’s the length of the mount and will it fit 107mm abecs?

It fits the SuperFly’s.

Hey @chaka . I was wondering if these would work with 852 bear trucks. Also what is the price for these mounts?

When are these guys going to be available?

and i always thought is was just a play on “All In”, because of your hollow core decks. Fascinating.

1 Like

My brand name was a sarcastic response to ShortHairedGirl’s lifestyle blog site which was run by my gf at the time about 11 years ago. I registered longhairedboy.com as my personal blog to create sarcastic responses to mundane things to counter her thoughtful posts about things that matter. Also i have long hair. Also she had short hair.

7 Likes

Almost time to start taking orders on our V2 idler drive! The mounts will be available with ronin trucks, drive pulleys and belts. Available with kegel/popoca or flywheel adapters, the flywheel adapters will be a little more expensive due to the extra material and machining they require.

Dual diagonal starts at $439.95 and comes with ronin trucks, kegel/popoca wheel adapters, belts and pulleys. Motors and wheels not included at this price. Single drives also available!

The stock ronin truck is set at 42.5 degrees. If you want to go fast I recommend upgrading the rear base-plate with a precision 25 degree base-plate for an addition $75.

https://scontent-lax3-2.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/22801957_366752233780097_1441518104029954048_n.jpg

16 Likes

God, I hope someone buys my 1911 or M4 soon. I want all of the things!

selling your guns to buy boards? That’s refreshing to hear.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was a medic in the Army for 7 years and I saw what they can do. I have kids now, and can’t really imagine a REAL scenario when it will be a good thing to have them in the house. Besides, how else can I buy the bad ass stuff from @chaka and @nowind and yourself? Easier pitch to the wife…

“Can I sell these guns you hate to buy amazing engineering works of art that lead to joy and learning for myself and my boys?”

Sounds better than, “Can I spend $2,500 on a toy?”

:joy::joy::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Thank you. You really did just make my day man. My whole family is a bunch of gun nuts, even my retired army brother. I even make an effort not to use trigger style remotes because of the area i live in.

Besides there are better ways to disarm a burglar. Ever thrown a cat at somebody? There’s not a lot they can really defend themselves from for at least a good 5 seconds, plenty of time for getting them on the ground.

8 Likes

I guess I should do a little break down on the components and pricing since you are talking about selling your guns.

Ronin trucks + milling services - $120 - We charge $15 per truck for machining services.

2 x kegel/popoca adapters $51.90

2 x 36t wheel pulleys - $69.90

2 x 16t motor pulleys - $24.90

2 x idler pulley - $39.90

2 x oversized bearings for drive pulley - $15.90

2 x timing belts - $12.95

2 x motor mount with 608 shaft stabilizer bearing - $104.50

A little over $50 per motor mount!

4 Likes