Ollin V2 Motor Mount - Adjustable Idler Drive

Substitute both for Lemonade please, like I said I’m very light. Also, if the black is roughly the same time frame I’ll go with that. If not then I’ll go raw.

Holy shiiit its huuuuuuge​:scream::scream::grin::ok_hand:

You should try the harder ice tea bushing roadside on Ronins specifically. I really liked there older opaque fruit punch bushings. And try some Amish washers…

I saw on Ronin’s facebook page that they say using sleeved washers causes issues.

I’ve seen lots of people recommend them on Ronins on other forums though.

That’s only on the precision trucks. Been using sleeved flat washer BS and cupped sleeved washer RS. Feels a little more precise

For those who want to get in early and make claim to this production run you can find the listings here.

Enter code: BUILDERS10 for 10% off.

I’ll post more photos with finished components later when I get a break in our schedule and we are looking at 2 to 3 weeks on delivery depending on how early you get in on the production run.

4 Likes

You can make cast ronins into what we call, “almost precision ronins” (did this for years before I could afford my first set of ronin lights.

1.) Get a top hat washer, which goes into your bushing annd around your kingpinnn = a lot less slop. 2.) A good pivot cup

That expression was used so much, that you find almost precision “kits” for almost anny trucks. E.G

https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/products/64311/muirskate-riptide-tall-aps-almost-precision-ronin-truck-upgrade-pack

2 Likes

Awesome! I’ve been waiting for this day. I just placed an order for a dual diagonal. I know you know that already, @chaka, but I’m just letting the rest of the world know that I’m stoked to get these under my board.

1 Like

@chaka amazing work as always. Really nice looking. I can’t fathom spending that much right now on motor mounts, but maybe one day I hit you up for a 4wd set. Hope to see them in person soon!

I great addition to those new wheels you have, thank you!

I will double check in the morning but the color combo you requested shouldn’t be a problem :wink:

2 Likes

The mounts look amazing and I want to put one vote in for a caliber compatible version as I really prefer the wideness of the the torque boards 218’s. More stable for slow speed hair pins and better clearance on some decks. I also like the wide look.

Looks like clamp end could be hacked up to fit calibers if someone really wanted to go that far. :scream: :cry:

Or maybe a custom wider Ronin hanger?

1 Like

Excellent! I’ll keep my fingers crossed. And, yes, the wheels arrived and they look slick! Looking forward to getting some miles on them.

@evoheyax yeah, it’s a pretty penny for sure, but I look at this as an investment in my future riding. The hobby is already expensive, and I want a strong foundation to build off of, something that I could easily swap in other parts as I get curious to try new motors and wheel, something that I expect will last. It’s also an investment in ride quality which I’m excited to try with the Robin trucks and Popoca wheels.

Well everything @chaka makes is exactly that. Had my chaka quad 4.12 vesc for almost 2 years now, still going strong.And I run 30 battery, 120 motor amps per vesc in 4wd, lol. I wish he had a bulk pricing discount on the vesc’s though.

2 Likes

Is it possible to get a 14/40 gearing?

1 Like

We can do that.

2 Likes

Fresh Cuts! Huge weight savings in the new adapter and pulley.

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/2940?u=chaka

2 Likes

Production update! Material arrived over the holiday break. Dave is finishing up the rough cuts and deburring pieces for the machine as we speak!

13 Likes

Remember what I ask you about fabricating a dedicated MBS 100 mm wheel pulley with sprockets? Well, surprisingly there is non available on the market yet. Non!! All you can find out there are 3D prints out of ABS (or perhaps Nylon) with their own set of bolts, nuts an retainers like a Lego… they are always universal wheel pulleys ‘that should’ fit MBS 100s hub openings ‘because they are supposedly similar’ as Flywheel Clones. If they are manufactured for Clones, may fit MBS. But if they are manufacture exclusively for ABEC Flywheels, will not fit MBS hub openings (because they are slightly smaller). On top of all, most come for 9 mm and 12 mm wide belts. Few or none for 15 mm (which are esk8ers preferred choice) all come with bolts and retainers, none with sprockets ready to insert and go. Zero aluminum wheel pulleys with sprockets. However they may come, there are STILL NO dedicated 36T, 40T, or 44T wheel pulley manufactured exclusively on aluminum with sprockets for the MBS 100 mm hub openings. There you have a niche. :point_left::thinking:

1 Like

This same idea but for MBS 100 mm…

Our new abec design only features 3 “prongs/pins” you still need to use fastener in the three voids if you are using another drive system/motor mount. Right now MBS is at the bottom of the list of things to do here in the shop. Kegel/Popoca hubs are on deck now, Abec flywheels are next. I am a little apprehensive about the MBS cores/hubs. I think they are ABS and not reinforced nylon/glass ? I’m worried of the breakage, if someone can confirm the core material is reinforced nylon/glass I will make some adapters.