Ollin FreeRides available for pre-order

Here it is two months later and Ollin has gone dark once again. Wtf.

I just got 2 vesc’s from ollin today

I just got a tracking number for my Freeride this morning. so, not “gone dark” :wink:

2 Likes

Let’s hope Jeremiah can get the ball rolling and start pumping out these bad boys. Obligatory youtube videos please! Gotta get my fix ya know? :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

What number are you?

..#3. Post 10 char

@FredSaberhagen did you get it yet?

looks like a Wednesday delivery… will maybe camp on the porch haha

EDIT whoops I guess it came early? says out for delivery right now and requires a signature. im probably gonna miss it. fuck

4 Likes

So, unofficially we have two boards in the wild?

I think I’m the 3rd. 2nd probably went to a boosted guy and that’s why he doesn’t want to post pics haha.

Anyways some tuning to do but so far my impressions are this is unbelievable performance. Much faster than the metro dual which is 2x 6374. Might be the battery or FOC I don’t know.

The deck is super light and solid… It’s really responsive, which is terrifying at higher speeds lol. Acceleration is also scary but super smooth. Brakes seem great considering how loose the belts run. Rolling resistance is excellent, very low.

9 Likes

That looks great!

What is accessible under the panel?

There is some usb to access each vesc, charging port and power switch.

Looking at this pic I see one of my motor mounts has rotated down already? Edit: I can see scratches on the mount. looks like I bonked it on something (maybe a speed bump). fixed with a couple taps from a sand hammer

1 Like

the rear motor looks like its way too close to the road, especially compared to the motor on the other side! seems to be that the angle of the motor mount should be corrected!

p.s.: yea, should just read till the end next time, just pressed reply when I saw the pic :laughing:

If you rode a long distance with the loose mount note that dust/grit can get between the clamp and the truck leading to a bad hold. I had been just adjusting (i.e. sand hammer) and retightening without cleaning it first which led to a bad hold and buildup of dust under the clamp.

I put a little blue loctite when I re clamped and haven’t had issues for 100s of miles.

1 Like

ahh, that’s good info thanks. I have some new bushings coming in the mail (or maybe some were included in the package? did you get any, I couldn’t find them) so when I take it apart for that I will re-mount the motors.

Yeah, a little baggie - I think there’s 2 thik cups and a few extra medium/tall bushings.

Hey-

I’ve been looking into the Ollin board (the battery/range/design/looks heavy duty/etc is what caught my attention the most), but I’m having a hard time finding out what has been going on w/ the company since ~February… updates seem to be pretty sparse since then. Looking at this thread, it looks like maybe the first production run hasn’t fully come online.

I’ve kept an eye on their website for the last couple weeks and it’s definitely on my short list of boards, but the board has been listed as ‘sold out’ the entire time and there doesn’t seem to be a lot of information available. Can anyone speak to the current state of things? IE: when will they be available for order? when would new orders receive deliver (approximately)? are things going smoothly? how far behind are they? anything else I should know, if I consider purchasing their board?

Thanks!

We are currently finishing the long awaited pre-orders. As we complete new decks they will be listed on our website. You can stay current using our instagram, we usually make a few post when we get a deck close to completion. Might have one available in month. https://www.instagram.com/ollinboardco/

-Jeramiah OllinBC

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply, but are you only releasing one board at a time or will they be more widely available at some point?

@nw-esk8 Thanks for your interest in our builds, it really depends on what you mean by widely available? Our main goal is to build as many components for our boards as we can so it is slow going. We are finding ways to increase productivity with the equipment we have but we do need to expand again soon. Never seem to have enough space!

Best thing to do if you want one of our builds is to follow us on instagram and email us if you see a deck nearing completion that you want to purchase.

2 Likes