NEW IMPROVED: FOCBOX | Official Thread

Will the Vesc-x be available from the EU distributor?

Why do people not just wait for Vesc v6? It will be released in early 2017. You can say what ever you want but the vesx actually cant be better than the new version. Benjamin did much work on it to improve it. And i think its not that much hard to just wait 3-4 Months to get a Quality version of it from Someone like Chaka.

This post was flagged by the commu…

3 Likes

I think when you want something, you want it now! At least that’s how I feel anyway. I don’t want to be waiting months to be able to best experience my board… just my 2p :slight_smile:

1 Like

Vedder said he will try and setup a team to test it and will probably release it sometime in March 2017. That’s 4 months from today

Because you’d have to wait 4 months for it

and after that, someone has to build it (again a few months) to make it vendor reliable and tested

It will be about 100$ more in pure component price, and not everyone needs the added features and capabilities. It will be bulkier because of onboard communication modules that are not needed by Everyone. This aside, the “release date” was announced Yesterday. Nobody wants to wait for something that will come “maybe soon”.

You need to wait, if you want to use big motors(80XX or even larger), or if you have high current scenarios(EMTB, Hubs) or more reliable FOC(or a combination of this). But for every normal use case, these are very good, and there is no need to spend more money and wait months to get rolling.

just my 2 cents

3 Likes

Cost. I am betting on the Vesc 6 being more expensive because of its increased features.

they will be there

the VESC 6 will be much more expensive, we think it will retail around $300USD. It also seems the footprint is a bit larger so some people might need to rethink their enclosures.

the VESCX will be a more compact & more affordable option still with the benefit of high current throughput / improved cooling. Perfect for Hub motors.

3 Likes

How do you come to 300USD? Most of the BOM is the same, you don’t need to add the NRF on the Board. It can be around the same price as the current VESC.

3 Likes

You forgot to take some things into account

• countless hours spent on R&D • suffix X • much innovation • direct drive™ • science is curiosity™ • video with boy and girl on skateboard holding hands

4 Likes

300 is for the vesc 6.0, start to read the tread before bashing… 300 is also the leak price from trampa… The price is also base on the licence, VESC will not be easy to market.

3 Likes

Oh you know something we all don’t know. Please shed some light on us. Tell us more about the license. I had a conspiracy theory about VESC6 dual license, is it true? Is it?

@onloop I grew up in a family of Small Business owners. With the influx on corps like Wal-Mart & Costco small business in the US is essentially dead now. That really sucks for the consumer as options are vastly limited. Wal-Mart likes to see whats selling in an area, find a chinese knock-off, sell it for half the price to run small shops out of business. They then raise the price higher than the small business to recoup the initial discounts, the only product change being a re-brand and dropping many accessories or versions. Some people are not savvy enough to ‘see behind the curtain’ and get spoiled by the ease of purchase and fail to see the implications or lack of quality.

I write all of this because I don’t know if its the same in Australia and I appreciate what you do for the community. Having grown up in small business family I think I can safely assume you are just trying to make a living doing something you enjoy, just like the rest of us. I can further assume you aren’t getting lottery rich off this.

To sum up, sometimes you just gotta wash your hands of the trolls and keep moving. Good on you mate :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Any update on the VESC-X?

VESC 6.0 cannot cost $300. If it did I go buy a PS4 Pro or something to make with for $300. I believe the max price would be $200, but $300 is way to much for the cost of good and some for profit.

Are these shipping out? Cant wait to ride my first build!

2 Likes

I got a reply from support saying they would ship from the manufacturer on 15th December. Hopefully in time for christmas.

2 Likes

I got an update on the vesc-x today from enertion.

"Just a quick update on the progress of the VESC-X production.

Our manufacturer has advised today that they will commence shipments after 23rd December. Please note that there may be delays with receiving your order due to the Christmas holiday period.

We really appreciate your patience whilst the manufacturer has been completing the production of this exciting, new product. "

I was told 15th December it would ship. Now they are saying 23rd… I was hoping to have this by christmas for my little bro, unfortunately not. Hopefully enertion will ship by DHL so it can get there by his birthday…

1 Like