New builder? LIST OF KNOWN AND COMMONLY USED PARTS!

I don’t know any motor mounts that work for bear trucks. Caliber IIs aren’t too expensive.

I’m already like $150 dollars over my budget thought, so should I just buy the enertion single mount and file the bear trucks to fit it?

I think the caliber hanger is probably bigger than bear so you might not be able to file it and make it bigger…

Zealous bearings should be added to the list, they have an integrated spaced and are lubed with a white lithium-like oil that does a great job of keeping out water. And cheap AF.

Hi, I would like to submit some parts from my UK store which recently opened - www.Proto-Boards.com Motor Mounts- ProtoBoards Motor Mount Drive Hub- ProtoBoards 9mm 36t Drive Hub ProtoBoards 12mm 36t Drive Hub Wheels- ProtoBoards 83mm, 90mm, 97mm Wheels (flywheel clones) Controllers- ProtoBoards Thumb Stick Controller Thanks!

If you don’t like Velcro, and I don’t, this is the best stuff in the world for mounting electtronics.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-03614-Scotch-Mount-Molding-Tape/dp/B002JOVUO0

It’s actually cheaper at O’Reilys than Amazon, just bought some for $7.22.

@journ start here bud.

Alien Power System 2.4Ghz Remote control

Is it worthwhile adding a post for commonly used carbon fiber/ vacuum bagging suppliers? Am having trouble locating breather ply here in Australia. edit - just found one in china that ships at a decent price here

What motor are you using? I was planning on using the NTM Prop Drive 50-60 270KV / 2400W but am worried that I won’t get any speed using a 6s8p setup (18650 25R from Samsung -2400mah capacity constant, 20A current). What torque ratios and wheels are recommended (I am only 105 pounds) and want to make my first board in September on a £300 budget.

controller: AlienPowerSystem (UK) for those in europe.

Wheels (Recommended to get plastic spoked wheels above 80mm)

MBS All Terrain Longboard Wheels 100m

http://m.ebay.com/itm/12-Pins-Industrial-Connector-Male-Plug-Female-Socket-Outdoor-Waterproof-IP67-/122317543150

I think this would work nicely for balance wires

1 Like

I have 15mm 15t steel motor pulleys and 40t aluminum pulleys that are designed for abec flywheels and MBS all terrain wheels

Anyone used this monster?

You got some nice builds man! I saw these motors on aliexpress a few months ago, I think they are the same as yours. What’s your opinion about your motor’s? https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-Brushless-Outrunner-Motor-N5065-270KV-1665W-For-DIY-Electric-Skate-Board/32793724521.html?spm=2114.13010308.0.0.JIWXfw

1 Like

@bartroosen12 I used those motors in my wife and kids board. They work very well. It’s been about 9 months since they first road on the board with them installed. They ride there boards almost every day with no problems. Incline and torque is on the low end. It’s best to push start before forward throttle. Once going it’s a wonderful ride and pretty fast. Especially for my wife and kids.I like these motors for them. Once I feel more comfortable with there skills. I’ll move them up to something more powerful.

1 Like

Might consider adding DIY’s 6355 190kv motor :wink: I’m gonna be using that and I’ve seen it all over the place

Hi every, theri is something I can’t understand: How can the max current be 65 A for 190KV Electric Skateboard Motor 6372 and for Maytech 6355 230 KV Moteur, whereas they can each develop more than 3500 W with 12 S ?

Thx in advance

Enertion’s Nano X controller

How do you feel about the amount of thumb push and pull? Do you find it sufficient? I would think the Raptor 2 guys would praise having the slow mode considering how quickly and abruptly this controller can launch my 10s spud on hummies