[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Sorry, was replying to a 3 wheeler post and it appeared here.

Baltic birch deck :thumbsup:

I got my pullies for my first build from Alien Drive Systems, http://aliendrivesystems.com/product-category/alien-drive-spares/ I think he has stopped manufacturing e-board parts and selling his stocks out. I think his nickname on this forum is @beetbocks if you have further questions

DIY skateboards ā€¦ Enertion ā€¦ eBay lolā€¦

Why kill urself making a mount ?

DIY has ones done, bolt on, weld on

Enertion has a bolt onā€¦

Each and others have pulleys and beltsā€¦and at a fair price IMO

Save yourself the frustration ā€¦ Focus on the guts ā€¦ Ur going to San Franā€¦ I hear they have a few hills

Nice link, although I did a simple spreadsheet on my phone to do something similar.

Well arenā€™t you the smart one?

Hah, itā€™s not hard. So, where is everyone based? Iā€™m Uk, south near Reading. Is there a member map or something?

Most the mounts ive found are for Caliber trucks it seems like and I want to run Paris trucks.

A drive kit and motor mount from enertion is about $110 after shipping. Making a mount for $10 and paying $25 for pulleys and a belt is a more cost-effective solution for me being a broke college student.

1 Like

All over the planet lol ā€¦ @longhairedboy is from the dark side of the moon lol

Oh I hear you mateā€¦all I can sayā€¦itā€™s one less thing to figure out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I had a nice little place just outside the Aitken basin too, but the air was a little thin there so i moved to Florida where it is the exact opposite.

2 Likes

@andrewhannay Yup, you nailed some of the key points in my reasoning. The motor is also far more protected and without size/space limit. Slow speed agility is sacrificed, but I didnā€™t build it to ride sidewalksā€¦ cheers

Hi,

My name is Victor. Iā€™m 18 years old and from Denmark.

Just started my e-board build - first pulley today! Iā€™m really exited.

Btw, does anybody think this will work? 9mm belt on a single motor setup?

1 Like

It will be fineā€¦ I would hope that belt is Kevlar reenforced :+1:t2: to reduce the stretching

Great! Just waiting for motors on Hobbyking. Literally every single motor is on backorder!?!:rage:

Yeah I know ā€¦ It SUCKS!!!

But you WILL have a totally bitchinā€™ ride when your done!

Go watch the e-skate video section to waste some time while you wait lol

How long have they been out of stock? Probs gonna get me an Alien motorā€¦:neutral_face: Just really wanted the NTM 270kv

They always out of stockā€¦I almost killed @barajabali over used NTMs that @longhairedboy had lol and he found out whyā€¦NO stock ā€¦and that was like a month agoā€¦ You can find cheap replacement motor of the same size and cheap on eBay ā€¦ I use them one boards I know wonā€™t get worked like I ride mineā€¦ You will see that some of the most popular at the SK motors and tacon ā€¦ And the way things are going 63mm motors are the can of choiceā€¦ All I can say is always be on the look out for the motor you wantā€¦and maybe just buy it when you see itā€¦cause it maybe a loooooong wait before you can get it againā€¦Iā€™ve been on the hunt for a sk 192kv but no luck ā€¦I caught a sale in the sk 149kvā€¦but I will need to run that at 12s to get me the top speed I want with that motor

Hey guys, Iā€™m Dries from Belgium and new to the forum, allthough Iā€™ve been lurking around for quite some time so some of you Iā€™ve read alot from ;).

Planning on doing a checklist and buildlog very soon! This seems like a great community!

Whats up eSk8 builders!

Iā€™m mike, building my board to get around west LA where the hills are forgiving and the bike lanes are abundant.

So basically Iā€™d like to be able to pick between going 20 miles @ 12mph or less miles at a greater speed. Iā€™ve got all of my parts picked out except for my batteries, which I might pull the trigger on this week. Theyā€™re 2x 6s 30c 8000mah Zippy LiPos, hopefully this gets me where I need to be.

'Bout to pull the trigger on an Alienpower motor, but what is a sensored motor? Haha