[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Hooks up to the esc…suppose to make it run smoother…

I personally think it’s a waste…

Its mostly for low rpm smoothness, but I agree that for the most part it isn’t need in the case of E-boards. There’s always enough load on the motor to keep it from running spastic at low rpm. Mostly used in RC where the power-to-weight is much, much higher.

Well if you use a smaller motor like a 50mm there I can see where it would help…but bigger…eh…just kick off…it better anyway

If you know RC … Then this not a big step for you…only a matter of what parts you want. Enjoy the Build!

Welcome Mike. I’m in the southbay, more and more eboards popping up in LA, but you’ll still get plenty of looks and questions.

Just get an extra set of lipos, stick it in the backpack and enjoy the ride :metal:t2:

hi everyone

uk based and currently in the research stage - not very handy with diy so on the lookout for some deals to plan my board around such as a mount etc and will shortly start a build thread!

seems from looking around lots of US based deals but not much this side of the pond :frowning:

1 Like

Was up First of all Iam from California and I am new to the electric mountainboard fourm I bought a mountain board atom x95 I hope this is a good start board

1 Like

hi im a brand new member, i have been skating for almost 12 years on and off i wanted to build my own eskate when i saw a youtube vid of someone that did the same i need some help with my build i need to be pointed in the right direction

im trying to build an a cheap board with minimal fab work and that will be reliable and possibly upgradable that can haul my 250lb butt around i want to go 25mph max and it isnt a must.

My first question is do you guys think this combo of mech parts will work for a single or dual drive system without any modification

Enertion motor mounts http://www.enertionboards.com/electric-skateboard-parts/carbon-fiber-motor-mount-enertion/

enertion pulley kit http://www.enertionboards.com/electric-skateboard-parts/12mm-wide-pulley-drive-hub-kit/

diyskateboards trucks

ebay knock off wheels with rims in them

I think that i will get the VESC from either diyelectricskateboard or from enertion not sure yet

can you guys recommend the following

decent size cheap lipo batteries

and also what motor to use keep in mind im a heavy guy and would want it to be a bit torquey and not necesarily very fast but 25mph would be nice and i would prefer something reliable

any help is appreciated

start a thread and illbe glad to help u. Or a new topic

how do i start a new thread??? i cant seem to find any way

go to latest and its in the upper right hand corner

still cant find it im on chrome can i have a screencap or something idk what to look for tbh

same let me see if i can screen shot

1 Like

Click on the top left where it says eSk8 with .builders under, after click on new topic on the right

i dont have the button tbh i think its because im a brand new member and may not be able to do a new thread yet? any requirements for new topic???

huh as soon as i posted that last comment the button showed i think there must be some sort of requirement thanks for the help guys ill post a detaild build thread with what im hoping to achieve

Ill be more than happy to help

ohhh u guys cant until u do a bit of reading on here

1 Like