HW6.4 based ESC - ESCape

@stewii I submitted a request using the form you provided. I’m interested in 2 complete units if possible.

So far it is one of a kind prototype. It runs great, but I think that more power would make it more fun. That’s why I’m interested in using your new board. Once I have it running with 8072 motor I will beef-up mechanical components and go from there. BTW: Is your board preloaded with firmware and tested with motor before being shipped? Will it work with BLDC tool and/or VESC tool? Will I be able to run 70A continuous with a good heatsink?

It is £150 but it might change depending on the PCBA prices.

Yes it is programmed with firmware and tested. Yes, it works with VESC tool, I havent tested with BLDC tool but it should work too. It is all about temperature, expect similar behaviour to VESC6, it depends on the heatsink, active heatsink even better.

Here is some photos, housing is now being tested.

15 Likes

Take my money please!

2 Likes

Great! Once you are ready to ship please PM me your PayPal account and I will shoot money your way.

How long is the current lead time?

Hi and congrats for this advanced ebike build ! I’m admirative with your patience at machining work and the excellent design of the battery pack ! Add cell-level fuses and it’s good for NASA missions !

Did you know you can ship an unlimited amount of 100Wh batteries in cabin luggage ? Separately packing your 6-cell modules would qualify for air transport in cabin luggage.

This way you can buy the cells and take them wherever you need :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you dude. You are very kind. I think that if I try to fly with these batteries I would be arrested, sentenced and executed. :grinning: I don’t think that I will have a chance in hell with 60 pcs. of 18650s. These are not your typical consumer batteries. You might even have a point but try to tell that to one of TSA guys. They will probably think that it is big caliber ammo. :confused:

Batteries Allowed in Carry-on Bags: •Dry cell alkaline batteries; typical AA, AAA, C, D, 9-volt, button sized cells, etc. •Dry cell rechargeable batteries such as Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) and Nickel Cadmium (NiCad). •Lithium ion batteries (a.k.a.: rechargeable lithium, lithium polymer, LIPO, secondary lithium). •Consumer-sized lithium ion batteries [no more than 8 grams of equivalent lithium content or 100 watt hours (wh) per battery]. This size covers AA, AAA, 9-volt, cell phone, PDA, camera, camcorder, Gameboy, and standard laptop computer batteries. •Up to two larger lithium ion batteries (more than 8 grams, up to 25 grams of equivalent lithium content per battery) in their carry-on. This size covers larger extended-life laptop batteries. Most consumer lithium ion batteries are below this size. •Lithium metal batteries (a.k.a.: non-rechargeable lithium, primary lithium). These batteries are often used with cameras and other small personal electronics. Consumer-sized batteries (up to 2 grams of lithium per battery) may be carried. This includes all the typical non-rechargeable batteries for personal film cameras and digital cameras (AA, AAA, 123, CR123A, CR1, CR2, CRV3, CR22, 2CR5, etc.) as well as the flat round lithium button cells.

1 Like

It is 2-3 weeks.

1 Like

Great! Looking forward to putting your creation to work.

1 Like

thanks for your work

1 Like

Got mine today look great but the fets are sold out in the US :smiley:

@stewii I submitted the form for the esc a while ago, but just in case it didn’t go though. I’m interested in one esc with the housing.

not only in the USA, irf7749l1trpbf and irf7749l2trpbf out of stock everywhere! :frowning:

Hi, sorry for the delay, trying to find a source for the FETs, factory lead time is huge. And also housings are a bit delayed too. But I will contact you all who filled the form.

Bought the last 16 and now have to wait 26 weeks to finish the other 2 boards :confused: who bought all the fets just days ago there were literall thousands available

Would these work? AUIRF7749L2CT-ND

1 Like

You should able to use those. I just checked the available parts on digi-key with the search term “irf7749l” and it would seems that the “AUIRF7749L2CT-ND” is just the automotive grade version of the standard “IRF7749L"1/2"TRPBFCT-ND” FET and that’s why it’s a bit more expensive as well. Performance should be identical or maybe even marginally better.

https://www.digikey.fi/product-detail/en/infineon-technologies/AUIRF7749L2TR/AUIRF7749L2CT-ND/6559910

Yes I was aware of octopart but if you click on the ones that say stocked on the actual websites they are all sold out.

I dont know what are you talking about but here is first link: