HW6.4 based ESC - ESCape

so this thing will be fully enclosed within the enclosure?

Yeah I don’t foresee it being an issue but if it becomes one can add an external facing heatsink. One of these

This is a very good solution! I was inspired by it making this dual enclosure :wink:

2 Likes

@stewii could I order this cap: MM035C104KCZ2A instead of this one in your BOM 06035C104JAT2A

only difference I found was the tolerance, 10% instead of 5%

Thanks for your help.

(Buying on mouser.de)

yes that’s fine but the one i suggested (06035C104J4T2A) is 5% and cheaper :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But it’s out of stock in many places. :wink: C0603C104J5RACAUTO ->seems to be the same

1 Like

You obviously didn’t search for that part …

Sure i did, or it was out of stock the other day, or i made an error. If i would have found it to be in stock i wouldn’t have searched for a substitute at all.

Now having trouble finding this diode: PMEG6020ER,115 Can i just look for one with higher voltage and/or current rating in the same package, or are there other important values?

1 Like

Damn dude. that black cover is amazing. your making me regret getting my Focboxes (since one is already dead)

1 Like

I’m in the same boat except my focboxes are still on order. Tempted to see if I can cancel the order and get a pair of these instead. Particularly seeing as the rest of my build is nearly done and it doesn’t seem like the focboxes are going to be in stock for a while yet

If you paid by card or paypal, just cancel. TBH its a bit of a farce that its taken so long. especially since it seems like the QC has gone down for them to push out more boxes.

@stewii sorry if you’ve mentioned this already somewhere recently but what is the current lead time on a pair of these prebuilt with aluminium enclosures?

1 Like

@stewii I also got lost in reading through this thread, I think you should make a separate thread strictly for purchasing prebuilt ESCapes.

Are they still 125GBP each for prebuilt?

He probably should have a website at this point

10 days ago, he stated there was a little delay with the aluminum housings. Once the 40 he has ordered come in, he’ll be able to fill orders that asked for them.

Do you also sell kits, i.e. all parts unsoldered?

Is that something people would like?

1 Like

I would atleast buy two kits :sunglasses:

Well. If it’s not 120$ that is.

Just the PCB or the whole thing?

This + smd parts being the whole thing.

3 Likes