HW6.4 based ESC - B-box

Man send some stuff your way :slight_smile: Let me know when it get good to drop by your area

1 Like

It will need at least 2 month, snow and ice everywhere…

1 Like

Ugh Any ways I want to go in the spring

1 Like

I have 4 prototypes done that are driving me to lunch daily. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I think @stewii has already developed this idea and it’s working good so far, he just needs to automate things and mass produce them in order to lower the cost.

I can see everyone is trying to develop this idea so I hope we have VESCs 6 with good price tags available from different sources soon.

Btw my ESCape from @stewii is running pretty good after 300kms will let you guys know when I reach 1000 miles, on the other hand so are my focboxes on my Darth Maul and my @torqueboards 4.12 on my Vanguard after more that 5000kms

8 Likes

Gimme a number so I can buy some! Wanna use these for an upcoming product coming down the line… if only I wasn’t so engrossed in the manufacturing of the current boards I’m selling, i’d share the production costs with you…

1 Like

Stewie and I have come to an accord.

4 Likes

I waaaaaaaant one!! Or 2… :grin:

Fine.

Just pay attention when choosing the caps (MLCC and ELCOs), they are the most critical parts.

Thierry

1 Like

Soo the first 50 can come with a nylon 3d printed enclosure with heatsink 3$ or aluminum +25$.

a Preferences?

1 Like

I would go with full aluminum

3 Likes

what he said, with changes to the heat sink you have effectively changed a critical part of the design and could get mass failures without your own testing.

Every option has a heatsink the cutout is for exactly those.

Tiny block of aluminum ≠ bigger block

4 Likes

I would also rather pay a bit more and get all aluminum

1 Like

AL way better. Also when. Can I buy?

1 Like

same, when can i get one (or two)

You’re saying bimmer has no idea about production. But in reality it is you that has no idea. There’s plenty machine shops that are able to manage that amount of work.

1 Like

Lol, yes any shop can do this, buts it’s not efficient that’s why I am saying not many shops would like to work on single piece for weeks :wink:

P.S. I have background in much bigger productions like 1000 times :wink:

Not many shops would like same part for weeks? That’s awesome. I would love something like that. I could make special fixtures for my mill and order pre cut materials. Quickly load 30 pieces on the table, hit cycle start and go do smt else until the M30 light goes off. Less time fiddling and more machining time is good for business.

2 Likes