HW6.4 based ESC - B-box

Couple posts up he lists a link to a google doc which I think is the official reserve list.

For what do you use the sensor? Just Curious:)

B-box cover PCBs also came from me , I customised it for him :slight_smile:

5 Likes

They will be the standard for all of them.

Yes all the props should go to @stewie I am just taking a product he developed and and manufacturing it.

1 Like

The price will be 160$

Thatā€™s a good price. I think Iā€™d like 2 of theseā€¦when is expected delivery? Also is there any sort of warranty/maintenance included if something goes wrong with them?

From what I heard vesc6 designs are pretty hard to mess up , seller does provide a replacement if does not work on arrival but he tests them as well so am not to sure about failure warranty

1 Like

Do you plan to stock them at a later point? I donā€™t need one yet but i want some in the future for sure:)

How do these compare to Focboxes ?

short answer yes. Not sure how yet.

1 Like

Like a scooter to a Porsche. Both will get you there you choose which suits you better.

4 Likes

Oooo whoā€™s the scooter and Porsche in this scenario?

The B-box and the ESCape and the VESC6 are the Porsches. They all have the same motor.

2 Likes

@longhairedboy Sorry I am a day late we had had appointments (building a house here in AZ) Anyhow starting your B-Box.

Iā€™m pumped. Weā€™re probably going to test it in single drive with a terrible ratio and wheel height combo to try and get as much heat as possible and abuse the crap out of it.

i foresee these simply being called ā€œbimmersā€ as i have already sort of started calling them that to myself and jake.

9 Likes

I second the motion!

@bimmer at this point you get no choice :wink: bimmers it is, and likely if you arc up out of respect we will start calling them ā€œstanā€ā€¦

just donā€™t F-up bro or LHB might start calling em bummers!

4 Likes

I like it! I am currently running in the problem that my Hot-air station is now a Air stationā€¦ So there is a delay. But I wont start selling these till we get your seal of approval. Stay tuned amazon is working on a refund.

6 Likes

I respect your decision to abstain from general sales until an esk8 expert abuses the product trying to break it. Very well done, sir. Canā€™t wait to have a couple of these and some Carvā»n SD XL motorsā€¦

5 Likes

We use a multi-phase ESC abuse testing schema in our shop with a built in vendor feedback loop. Here are the phases and vendor feedback interface descriptions::

1. hit them with sticks before even opening the box. Toss them around like youā€™re a UPS man on crack and you just found out about some upcoming layoffs. Should this phase fail, the vendor will be beaten with sticks as well.
  2. open the packages carefully using a pair of rabid direwolves instead of a razor. If any product remains in tact, continue testing. If not, feed vendor to direwolves.
  3. Travel to north dakota and strap ESC to double bladed axe in a single drive configuration using a 1:1 gearing ratio on 11" steel wheels and ride the axe repeatedly into trees and campers. If trees fall and campers run screaming into the cold night, continue testing. Otherwise ram vendor with axe board until dead.
  4. ride ESC equipped axe into heavy traffic during business hours while dragging a dead moose via tow chain in order to load test the traces and components. Should the ESC overheat, vendor will be dragged through heavy traffic instead of moose using a set of FocBoxes.
  5. remove ESC from axe board and continue to beat with sticks. This time, the sticks should be on fire and the ESCs should be mounted to the face of a statue of Frank from Trampa. Should the ESCs fail to remain in tact, vendor will be pantsā€™d and youtubed.

If all tests are passed and the ESC and vendor are still in tact, the product will receive our seal of approval. I would also like to point out that our process is more forgiving and less excruciating than becoming UL listed.

30 Likes