Hub Motor & Urethane Riding Qualities

This is how I imagine comfort of the ride. Luis how do you like the difference between these and your 97mm’s.

1 Like

I appreciate that. I really do. Sadly it’s a modern day reality. It is VERY expensive to do business in Southern California and (price-wise) it doesn’t help that we’re near the beach and in a decent neighborhood. Knowing that these companies exploit workers, do no R&D, and make such a poor product and yet make a bunch of money off of my designs is a bitter pill to swallow. But hey, I’m supposed to be “flattered”, right?

So I try not to get mad … and think hey, it’s time to get EVEN. Sometimes I wish that I was more motivated by money and was a better business man than I was a skater/designer. But my heart is in building an objectively better mousetrap. And as long as I can keep the doors open and the lights on, I will occasionally be able to bring that “holy f*(# the is feels awesome” kind of smile to the face of a fellow skater and know it’s all worthwhile!

2 Likes

hi Chris , when will the wheels be available?? do i buy them directly from you?

Wait, so, Do I get a commission off this? :laughing: Lius came over Dave’s to try the “borrowed” 107’s and fell in love with them. Glad to see he was able to get his own set. Luis’s board is similar to my drop down board that I had the 97’s on, that you rode. We’ll have some some new boards for you to try soon.

3 Likes

The probably have a bigger stator than the r-spec ghost motors. I was looking at them yesterday, and their stator is pretty large. If you rewind them to 80 kv or so (like the v2.5’s were), I bet you might beat the raptor 2 on a dual drive.

Like right now! Wan’t to ride a new board @ChrisChaput ?

2 Likes

Everyone needs to forget about @ChrisChaput and his fake DNA containing green wheels. I snuck into his factory last night and found wigs. WIGS. Not even REAL HAIR. How THE FUCK do you expect to have SERIOUS PREMIUM performance when there is fucking WIG hair in the wheels and not GENUINE TAINT HAIR?

This concernered me, and it also concernened my freind @chaka who actually called me yesterday while sobbing softly over this travesty. After a few “there theres” and some words of encouragement for each other, we decided that the world has had enough of non-premium wheels.

Therfore, we are releasing the WORLDS FIRST MOST POWERFUL VIP CLUB PREMIUM LEGENDARY wheels:

18 Likes

PREMIUM TAINTIES

I’m dying

1 Like

Lol that is fing priceless!

1 Like

Fuck you! I just got coffee on my shirt. I want a set.

1 Like

Amazeballs. Just amazeballs

Anyone else concerned about the length of those taint hairs? I worry about the ability to maintain production levels to meet demand.

2 Likes

I think @chaka has his own thing going on but I’m willing to make these. I’m already in talks with Labeda. I can use the sales from these to springboard some more highly customized thane from Abec which will cost a fuckton of money more than what i think i’m going to hear back from Labeda. This kind of meme integration is what i’ve been dying to do. PRemium meme integration for premium performance. PReeeeemium. PReemiuuuum. Hmmm. PREmium. lol

2 Likes

You mean “Prememeum”

2 Likes

Premium Taint Hairs requires premium DNA from the very onset of production. In the beginning, we’ll have to maintain a small production rate until i can procreate faster, producing more prememium taint hair donors.

Thanks for having me. Like to see and hear about the thought and development that goes into making some great wheels. Looking forward to all the products you’ll have available soon. I need to learn to do donuts/burnouts

From trying many wheels more urethane has ALWAYS been better. Kegel are so bad for my riding style can, can’t even walk after a ride. Once you go faster over transitions and unexpected potholes you want bigger wheels. Abec 97s are really good for most of my rides but, even 97mm to 107mm there’s is a noticeable improvement of ride quality. The thing that impressed the most is the reflex formula, it just rolls and rolls, might even get better milage. Will drop a tooth to get same final drive ratio to get some of the torque/brakes back. Probably have to sell all my other wheels.

Matt, Dave would have bought these wheels regardless. More Urethane>Less Urethane :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Michaelinvegas - I now want my Esk8 squad shirt to include “Premium DNA from Premium Taint Hair Donor”

Looks like we need to 3D print a massive matrix of taints, a taintrix?, and seed it with stem cells for production. High luster and fast growth are important so I propose we also use "mane n tail’ throughout the growth cycle.

https://www.images-iherb.com/w/MNT-54336-3.jpg

2 Likes

Excellent idea!

Prememium Tainties, Now with More Maximied Taintrix Formula.

We also might want to look into using Tresseme as a conditioning agent. I’ve been using it for years since it has salon strength at a grocery store price. Ooh, lala.

1 Like

You guys are ill

Hahahh

2 Likes