Hub Motor & Urethane Riding Qualities

Seems that there is kickstarter campaign addressing comfort of the ride for boosted boards.

3 Likes

Lot’s of urethane … a smoother ride … all roads aren’t perfect … Who knew?

5 Likes

Yes she does

1 Like

Found a factory we can use. I was told a few modification to the production line would allow them to produce 10,000 taints a month.

7 Likes

focused the hatred towards @ChrisChaput and harassed him for a set.

mine are unbranded so they’re better and orders of magnitude cooler than anyone else’s.

suck it trebek.

more pics.

4 Likes

but what about the high performance black and white paint? There’s no way these wheels can be as good without the paint on them.

no, it’s better without the paint, because of science.

trust.

but irrational conjecture and marketing bullets!

1 Like

I had a feeling it was a 6374 equivalent motor on there. We need a dual 6374 belt drive to go head to head against the Raptor 2!

No, no, and no. It’s a 90mm wheel. Jason was putting an intentionally deceptive picture on here trying to get people to believe that the urethane depth is over 19mm when there is only a tiny fraction of the wheel’s width where it is that deep. It’s a small section toward the outside edge of the wheel near the cap. The “can” is fluted and varies somewhere between 63mm and 70mm in diameter making the depth of urethane about 10mm over the raised areas of the flutes and about 13.5mm in the sunken areas of the flutes. The entire inside edge of the wheel is at its shallowest.

The urethane is only 19mm deep between the fluted can and the end cap above.

2 Likes

It’s not 90mm. It’s 115. I measured it. At least the rear wheel with the hub.

I actually measured it twice. Once as metric (11.5 cm) and once as Imperial (4.5 in which converts to 11.43 cm). Measuring twice give me confidence that this was the true height of the wheel and not a mistake.

Do you think this has anything to do with the statement Moja made about the wheels not having production urethane on them? Could they be coming with thinner Urethane than what we saw? Jason has made it clear multiple times it would have 90mm wheels.

So you’re telling me that it’s an inch larger in diameter than the 90mm front wheels right next to it? You’re saying that it’s way taller than a 107mm Flywheel and he’s top-mounting them on a deck with what … 1" risers?

1 Like

Wondering about that myself, but Moja was talking more about the type of urethane. He told me it was high rebound urethane on the production version. There is a guy on the .club site that got a production board. He weighed it and got almost the same weight that I did (close to 11kg). I asked him if he could measure both front and rear wheels to give us another data point.

There is a problem with this picture. We can’t see the whole wheel, but we can see half of the wheel. It’s has only a 1.75" radius per your picture which equates to 3.5" or 90mm.

2 Likes

Check out the video I recorded at the event in Long Beach. The deck length and width is spot on for what is on the R2 website. The wheel height does not seem to be the case. Contact patch width matched what was shared before in this thread. Unfortunately, I did not measure the front wheels. They looked to be the same size. In the video, you can see a riser when I am measuring the rear wheel, but I don’t think it’s 1 inch.

From the raw video. Unfortunately, there is this black rubber thing on the end of the measuring tape. There’s a chance that the metal thing that hangs over the edge is part of the expected length of the tape.

Well that explains it. The piece you have folded over the end of the wheel is counted in the distance from zero.

ooooops … !! :slight_smile: