Hub Motor & Urethane Riding Qualities

Yep. I think you are right.

1 Like

If that wheel is 4.5" in diameter as was claimed, then the middle of the axle would be at the 2.25" mark and clearly it is not.

So how deep is the urethane now?

Wheels are 90mmā€¦my mistake.

No worries. But I was getting nervous there for a minute. For a brief moment I wondered if I was going to start hearing about the biggest crowd sizes and massive voter fraud :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Donā€™t make me tweet about ABEC moving jobs overseas. Iā€™ll do it! :wink:

I canā€™t even make myself tweet. But I hear all the :sunglasses: kids today are doing it ā€¦

Bahaha. Sorry but this is funny. This thread would be much shorter if it had 110mm wheels!

1 Like

I measured it when Moja came to SF this past weekend.

The inside is 11mm and the outside is 19mm. That 19mm is only the lip,

The entire wheel is 11mm thick. So thank you @onloop for trying to deceive the world once again. If you just stopped these childish games, maybe Iā€™d even buy a raptor 2 for a back up back up board. Power output is nice and the ride quality felt decent. But we only road on perfect roads, soā€¦

90 - 11 - 11 = 68 mm can, which makes sense now.

Since were talking about rubber. Each motor was at 132 F when measured, with flat ground riding. The urathene was very loose on the wheel. Moja seemed to believe theirs no way it could come off. Idk, but I could fit my finger in between this gap of the can and wheel. the size of the lip is less than my finger, so I believe it could stretch over this lip. Defiantly low duro stuff, which will stretch over time. Donā€™t expect a long life from these wheels.

There was no retaining ring with screws to hold the lip?

I have a photo showing this as well

To be honest, I ride the Raptor 2 for a couple miles in the streets of SF and it wasnā€™t that bad. Who knows how long the thane will last or go against rocks and harsh pavement, but while the ride was noticeably rougher than my 97mm 75a abecs, it was about on par with the ride quality of 78a abecs.

Well thats pretty much the same issue every single pair of hub motors I own has other than the Carvon V3ā€™s. Once the gap get the air in between it starts to create vibrations and often annoying squeaking noises as well. Only ever came off or slipped on Jacobs hubs and a pair of Carvon V2 1o0kv motors that free revā€™d to like 100mph on accident lol.

1 Like
1 Like

I though the power output was high. I am used to 4wd also, so having all of the power in the back is weird to me.

Just bummer I couldnā€™t rewind these guys in time. 3/4 rewound and sensored, and doing the last one right now :slight_smile:

The wheels felt ok, but there are not 19mm the entire can. Most of it is only 11mm.

I thought the long video was good, pretty decent amount of time mentioning/speaking/showcasing other brand boards for whats basically an Enertion commerical.

Still need a proper comparison with carvon 3s though.

I agree, V4 torque vs Raptor 2

1 Like

We do need the carvon to run on the same setupā€¦ not 12s as there usual :wink:

1 Like

V4?.. Wtf is thatā€¦ Sounds like a new improved version trying to compete? :wink:

You know if we run 12s that we ainā€™t even touchableā€¦

R2 is so governed ATM.

:wink: