Have a potential supplier of the new Samsung 30T 21700 cells

There are very few packs of that size, I’m interested in the countless/plenty you are referencing.

I did that, you argued. I began with trying to explain that using that kind of amp delivery is almost impossible and you said I was wrong. I mean, I’ve only built 30 grand worth of boards in the last 2 years, guess I don’t know shit.

Nobody, specifically me was trying to belittle you. Once again, was just trying to give you some perspective.

I really have a hard time understanding how people ask for info, you give it to them, they wanna argue about it…

1 Like

I didn’t argue, I simply said that the board and enclosure I was getting was made for that setup. I could easily go through the build threads and find more than 5 builds with battery packs that size or greater. And the way you say you “tried to explain” this and that to me, it came off as rude, hence why I said it felt like you were trying to belittle me.

REGARDLESS

I’m done commenting on this as it is not contributing at all to the thread. Can we leave it at that?

I live in Houston looking for a spot welder any ideas?

Well unfortunately they’re not carried at any hardware store. If I had one yet I’d let you borrow it, but I haven’t ordered one either. Basically you can go online and order one of those large ones like a Sunko but there about $150-$200, or there is the one you can order off this forum for roughly $100. I was thinking of doing the small one on the forum, but I got on YouTube and Googled how to make one, and it’s actually pretty easy it looks like, basically need a car battery and then a few other things, but that’s probably the quickest, cheapest way. Otherwise search for it on the forum and it’s not too hard to order, the one problem is it has to ship from like Korea I think.

You don’t have any friends that have one huh…i don’t want to buy one…i rather dig up and try to see if anybody has one…i created a profile here to look for somebody that has one…i’ll ask around…if you get to it let me know…i want to do it for i can pay like 15 bucks for somebody to solder some 18650…

Well that’s what I originally planned, I asked on this forum if I could rent one from somebody for like a week but the point was made that the cost of just buying the one sold on the forum would pay for itself very quickly. Unfortunately from what I’ve seen, battery packs are the most overpriced, marked up items that are sold in the Esk8 world… The most used battery is the Samsung 30Q which is about $3.50. You could buy the cells yourself and make the battery pack and it would only cost a couple hundred, plus you could continue to make battery packs as needed with the spot welder. However if you buy a battery pack through someone else, almost every one I’ve seen basically charges $10 per battery. So if you got a 12s4p battery, you would pay around $480. But if you made it yourself, the batteries would only cost like $170 and then if you used a BMS that’s like $60, plus the wires and nickel strips, you would probably in total pay about $240, so easily save half in that case… Here’s the link to that spot welder.

I wish it was possible to pay someone that amount to make a battery pack but unfortunately that’s just not likely to happen…

I know i got over 100 cells 18650 2600 for 1.25 each here in Houston…got a great deal…but i want to build my own batter pack…bms is on the way…i already have the cables but no spot welder…plus is a hobby and i don’t think i would use it forever and if you craiglist it…your not going to get @ least 50% of what you paid for…so what do you think we should do…you want to split the difference? then we can rent it here?? the only issue here i don’t know you…lol…oh, yea i looked into that one already…looks good…so i’ll think about getting that…good spot welder are expensive…i already email the guy…

I’d be open to that but I’m currently in Nebraska for awhile, don’t know when I’m going to be getting back to Houston. Hopefully I’ll miss the miserably hot humid summer and make it just in time for fall and have my board all ready to ride :smile:

Bit back on track of the topic, @PredatorBoards @uigiroux guys I got an e-mail today from a seller claiming he has 21700 30T and 40T in stock, rewraped.

Never asked him about these cells (back in the days I contacted him for 18650 models) so maybe just a pebble in the ocean, or a legit seller. I asked for samples to confirm specs, if he contacts me again I’ll report for you guys.

2 Likes

Why would anyone rewrap a brand name cell?

Many possible reasons : contract to not sell under brand name (if cell is reserved for manufacturers), self visibility of the seller, etc… No news yet though.

Oh right on. Did you get a rough price quote, or not sure yet?

Just got a quote, on the expensive side for now. 10.9$/cell 30T and 11$/cell 40T. Need to check Qty prices.

Were you able to peel the label off and see if it said Samsung?

This was to be expected with low volume of supply. I would wait to pay half that price if I can wait.

1 Like

Edited my post, only got quote for now.

I would be cautious mainly with the 40T, most reviews say that it would only be available mid of the year, that plus the rewrap doesn’t inspire confidence

But I’m anxious to my hands on them, 9S1P and I have the lightest board that is enough for my commute

1 Like

Well they’re sending them to Mooch for review so looks legit but still it is expensive. I’ll hit them a message to see what’s up (they contacted me again) didn’t have time this week.

1 Like

How much did they quote each cell?

10.8$/ Samsung 30T 11$/ Samsung 40T

Apparently this is the real stuff though :

At 35A 65 degrees and this voltage level, cannot be a fake cell.

1 Like