Have a potential supplier of the new Samsung 30T 21700 cells

What about T-Motor? I heard there ESC’s are super high quality and they’re like around $150-$200 or so…

Never worked with their stuff. They’re big in the multicopter agriculture stuff but I don’t know more than that…

http://www.evassemble.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=19

14s1p on these monsters. 100a continuous. Discharge 50a charge.

$70 more compared to 12s3p 30q and about 7bs more.

If only weight was a little lower.

I’m posting here to put in a link to a google spreadsheet for a quantity count if these cells become available. Enter the amount you plan to buy.

Wait they’re finally available? How much per cell? I’m thinking I’d want between 72-100.

Did anyone ever find discharge graphs for this cell?

They are not available yet, neither is pricing. I just want a cell quantity count so whoever decides the group buy for this community has a number to work with.

1 Like

http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650comparator.php

and mooch did testing https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/samsung-inr21700-30t-35a-3000mah-21700-bench-test-results-an-incredible-battery.798683/

1 Like

I think google form is better than this

I want to do a 12s6p build with these. That should be pretty insane power! Lol…

That’s a good way to kill yourself. I would suggest you build a board and get some perspective before building something that ridiculously overpowered. I mean, unless you weigh 600 lbs and wanna 200 mile range.

3 Likes

Kill myself? How is building a large pack out of these any different than others who build large packs from any other battery? I mean the more I parallel you have the less voltage sag you have, and the more batteries the more range and more accelerating I can do. Is this really that unusual? Is it just this specific cell that makes you say that or what exactly is it. I’ve heard many say this cell would be great for a 12s2p pack, but why wouldn’t it be equally as good in an even larger pack?

It will if you have the money but otherwise hellll nooo

By reading many of your posts I kinda feel you change your builds plans every day :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

How much are the cells expected to cost? People are making packs from the Sanyo 20700A which is like $13/cell.

Have you skated an electric board for any amount of time? You need some perspective. There’s maybe 5 people on this forum that could handle the juice a 12s6p li-ion pack has the potential for. Not to mention the difficulties in housing a pack that large.

1st, you will likely need to fabricate your own enclosure for a pack that size. 2nd, you will likely eat a few VESC’s running those kinds of parallel amps…if you the packs potential 3rd, ride a 10s3/4p and see if that’s enough for you before you spend 2 grand building one

1 Like

In getting one of the LaCroix boards, they’re specifically made the enclosure to fit 12s6p. Also I’ll be using ESCape’s, so I am quite confident they’ll be able to handle the power. However I did just make a new thread regarding the A200S 16s 200A VESC, hoping someone will make one here for much less, like the ESCape and B-box did for the VESC 6.

Your likely correct, but that’s not the issue. The issue is can YOU handle the power? I repeat…

I’ll take my chances. :wink: Yes I’m sure there will be a learning curve, but I highly doubt it’s something that I won’t be able to operate. Also, I’ve read more builds than I can count where they use a battery pack the same size or greater… Where are you getting this statistic that roughly only 5 members on the forum can handle a battery pack of that size?

I’m just trying to get you look for some perspective. Im getting my statistics from having ridden for 30 plus years, built 16 electric boards in the last 2 years and calling bullshit on…

2 Likes