General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

I wish I was even in the “pre-shipment” club Waiting patiently on my XLs

1 Like

ordered march 13, i can’t friggin wait this is just too exciting!!! :star_struck: i found the wheel adapters on the site getting them very soon!!

1 Like

After 5 months your enthusiasm will fade away to just very mild levels.

5 Likes

I sent a message to their posted e-mail about a month ago, asking for a refund for the Speed Drive R and the upgrade R - XL, and got a response the next day saying that they could refund me, or if I was willing to just go with the Speed Drive R Jerry said he would send me that motor that same day, and then refund me the upgrade charge. I asked for the refund as I needed the XL, and he said it would take a little while since it would have to go through accounting. Anyway, about a week went by, and I saw the new post saying they had everything in to make all the motors, so I responded saying, since I have yet to be refunded, and you apperantely can make the XL’s now, I will cancel the refund request if you can send me a set of the XL’s as promptly as you said you could for the R, otherwise I will have to again insist on a refund. Anyway, Jerry responded the next day and said it was too late to do that and later that day I got an e-mail saying that I was refunded for the Speed Drive R. Took a few days for it to show up in my bank account, but today I got the e-mail saying my upgrade charge was being refunded also, so I imagine before Friday I’ll have the full amount refunded back.

It was a good offer Jerry made to ship me the SD-R the same day, trying to keep a customer, but if I had been waiting on a SD-R and heard someone got their motors first because they asked for a refund I’d be PISSED. LOL Anyway, I’m now fully committed to @Hummie new hubs :smile:

3 Likes

Yeah receiving a tracking number means nothing. You’ll be reading pre-shipment for weeks. Been waiting for my XL since early December. Was told they would send my R version weeks ago since I have ordered both. Still nothing has been shipped out. It seems that this has become all too normal with e-skate companies. Marbel sets the standard for shitty parts/service.

1 Like

Just to put thing in perspective, Carvon are a bummer with the waiting time and non communcation… But it’s the only « direct drive » non hub on the market and is strong and smooth as hell. I have 1700 km so far and they are still runing like day 1

2 Likes

No pre shipment or anything. Also in the groupbuy for a normal v4 R. Consider yourself lucky

you should have kept both orders. i rode around on a friends 2.5 after I repaired his pack. almost no rolling resistance, felt great. i’m sure the v4’s are going to be even better.

1 Like

gunna be interesting see which get shipped first hummies or carvons and which will be better

1 Like

correct me if I’m wrong, but those Hummie Hubs has been a long process as well. Did he take preorder payments as well?

So true, I had to analog kick my board two blocks when my battery failed, not bad beside the high ride height.

My have to constantly throttle my belt drives, with the CarvOns I give it momentary spurts which is probably good for range

3 Likes

Got my SD R motors today. Now just waiting for the almost fictional XL that I purchased in early December. Crossing my fingers

5 Likes

Was this from the forum groupbuy?

Neither of the speed drive versions I picked were from a group buy.

Wait…so if I ordered them now off the site Id get them before the set ordered in December?

If you order the racing version now you will get within a couple of weeks. The XL drive is the one I ordered in December. Who knows when we will get those.

Yeah, seems like we were used to fund this and now new incoming orders that bring new money are fulfilled first, at least that’s how it feels.

I certainly hope not. The line reads (emphasis mine): “Ships in 2 weeks after the pending orders. Get yourself in line now!”

1 Like

Good to hear that the SD’s are going out. Has anyone received their XL’s yet? I saw a tease in @psychotiller’s Instagram. They are looking great!

Yes, I agree, but some folks have been waiting for hummie’s for nearly 2 years! That’s a lot of patience

Those are torque drive someone who ordered torque drive asked if we could send it to pychotiller so he could build him a 4wd torque drive