General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

So, what are the thoughts on this motor approach?

Are there others doing it besides Carvon?

I’ve got a cheap-o pre-built w/ hub motors, and I really like the direct drive. Better coasting, lower noise, etc. But of course, it comes with a lot of negatives, most prominent of all is super sucky wheels. Most of them seem to be addressed using this drive method.

1 Like

Definitely the last time I’ll order from Carvon… Probably gonna get these things around summer next year if they continue like this… Pff

They did. Sadly, not anymore.

1 Like

Y’all need to chill out. The DIY community doesn’t have the money to be like Amazon. If you want a good product, wait for it, or make it yourself.

1 Like

It’s been like that since this forum started, when Jerry was still here. I am aware of all that but this is ridiculous. No communication, Continuously accepting orders while delayed orders are not yet fulfilled.

1 Like

I don’t care about the waiting times. As long as they communicate them properly. Then atleast I know what to expect. However, they fail to do so.

1 Like

He is actually communicating. When you want info out of someone, you have to be super nice and use the form of communication easiest for them.

For Jerry, that’s Instagram. Message him like you would a friend, and he’ll respond within a day or so.

2 Likes

Well if he tells me the speeddrives are done shipping this week, but no one has received anything not even tracking info, I’m not sure what to believe. And if other people got that same exact answer days earlier they are not communicating… My 2cents

1 Like

I am just going to say this, asking for the same question weres my speed drives etc. Or any updates when we do post updates on our website and show progress on our Instagram. We are still on schedule guys y’all gets your drives.

2 Likes

I direct messaged them on IG to shift a preorder. Still nothing.

1 Like

Glad to hear that, can you guys give some kind op indication in what kind of time frame people will get their tracking info?

As for speed r as of right now I can’t give you a exact date but its close we just worked on a 8 yesterday. Trying to reach the 10 a week quota. What I want to imphasize is this is all done in house at a work shop we build these drives there quite a lot to assemble but my point we can’t do all of them in one week its not China , we try to avoid China because we don’t want any issues to cause everyone to wait even more and just sit there and say well nothing I can do blaming the factory so instead we do inhouse and address the problems that accure and infuture will have a faster return time in doing so if there is a problem.

6 Likes

When you hand over over $1K, regardless if it’s DIY or china factory, one would expect customer service or the very least acknowledgement of your order. No one expects new badass carvon drives to be built in a week.

I’ve work with a small group of DIYers so my experience is limited, however @torqueboards has great customer service and products. I just made a first order overseas and paid a DIYer in Polish money for products. That blew my mind. I look forward to buying and building from this community.

1 Like

Just overdid it this time. This is v4. On the previous ones it wasn’t like this. I’m sure the motors are gonna be awesome. When you finally get it. Whenever that is.

Maybe if the updates were not so vague we wouldn’t feel ripped off. Give me more info. We have parts to build x amount of boards. We are shipping the parts to lhb on this date. He can do x boards a week. So this means all the evos from the kickstarter should be shipped by this date, then we will fulfill preorders by this date. Exo pros by this date, etc. So far we have shipped X boards. We are not expecting a miracle and for you guys to build all the boards overnight. We just want to know that progress is being made and an idea for the timeline. These vague ass updates sound like the same bs we have been getting since last year. We know that you are a very small company but if you don’t start treating customers with respect you might loose them. I’m slowly going from, I want to support this small company because I believe in what they are doing despite the long wait, to, these people don’t care about their customers stay away despite their good products.

4 Likes

what deck is that?

That is an old carvon photo of the revo prototype I believe

2 Likes

@Exiledd_Top well, i’ve had pre-shipment for 3 weeks now, the groupbuy were 30 units… this math doesn’t add up to me.

1 Like

Same here pre shipment since 3 weeks

Same here.