Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

Is Bluetooth enabled on your device? I never had a issue to see the Bluetooth modules. Can you please make a picture of the module. Could it be that you purchased them from evoheyax or is it a standard HM-10 module?

is it the breakout board version or only the true HM-10 PCB? The HM10 needs 3.3V and not 5V

I’m not sure what happened, the update didn’t help, but I completely uninstalled the app- deleted the VESC folder, reset my phone, reinstalled the app and now connects fine.

Thanks for looking into it though, not sure what the problem was, maybe just my phone, or something funky in the installation.

yes :wink:

I just bought this HM10 module some time ago. Even if i change from 5V to 3.3V it does not work…

that looks different to mine - you sure it is a HM10?

Edit: looks like a HC05 http://www.martyncurrey.com/bluetooth-modules/

that is the wrong module!

Well you are right :smiley: it seems as i have soldered my HC05 instead of HM10 :frowning:

I will change the module and report back. Sorry for the dumbness and thanks for the help :smiley:

It’s very easy to get them mixed up because they all look very similar. But pictures or Screenshots help in most cases. So if somebody has issues and a picture might help then please take the time and add them to your post.

Now it is working with the right Module :smiley: Thanks @Maxid and especially to @Ackmaniac

@Ackmaniac, would it be possible to add persistent notifications on lock screen when the app is connected and recording ? With some important values as well :slight_smile: And, is it possible to add a button to toggle csv recording or not (in the case you just want to check some values likes bat. voltage without creating a new csv file) ?

Let me know if you need someone to test it ! :wink:

The lock screen would be very difficult. At the moment the screen will always stay on when the app is active. You onl can switch off the screen manually. A button to activate the CSV logging whenever you want would be possible. But it also would be a pity of you want to analyse your ride and forgot to press the button. I think a option to be asked or that it will always be active wold be nice.

I would love to See the Feature to connect a gopro for Video recording because i do not want to record the video with a Smartphone camera… I May have overseen it: is it possible to See when which error occured?

1 Like

Yes you can see when errors occurred. It shows them at the bottom of the screen below the stats. As long as there is no error you won’t see anything.

1 Like

Wow, what a long thread, where is the code repo please? I would love to take a look.

I hope that doesn’t come across badly, it sounds like you’ve done a great job. I write code myself, and I am just interested.

I found out my problem with the Bluetooth connection. It was my Tile (lost keys) app taking over the Bluetooth connection. Just thought I’d follow up if anyone else was having problems connecting.

tl:dr check your background apps.

Thank you very much for the info.

Is anybody interested in changing the throttle curve via the app? I can imagine the situation that you want a throttle curve that reduces the power at the low throttle positions when the total power output is high. But if you change then to a setup with a low total power output then you do’t want the power reduced in the low throttle positions. I am implementing a total visual overview of all the parameters which might reduce the power output. This way it should be easy for everybody to understand why the VESC is reducing the power in some situations. You also could see if you even touch the limits so that you might can adjust the settings for more control.

1 Like

YES. Mostly because I would like to refine my throttle curve - WITHOUT dismantling my board each configuration to do so. Probably matching curves with modes would be helpful too.

Please try the 200 amps first before you continue to advertise your motor here.

1 Like

Guys please stay on-topic. Feature requests should be fine IMO but the Amp discussion should move somewhere else. Otherwise I am flagging the shit out of this.

1 Like