Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

@Ackmaniac said I should try 200 amps and I’m asking why not. seems fair. There’s no one else around who seems to have a clue. and I never advertised in this thread. Just wondering what wattage his program will do at low duty cycle slow speeds

was also me - not a moderator or “staff”

Keep it in this thread and in hummies. No need to high-jack others. And try 200 amps first. http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/programmer-w-understanding-of-vesc-pc-side-software-language/15832

And i replied in your thread already yesterday. Can some of the admins delete all of that unnecessary conversation.

Possible conflict of interest? Everyone reads the flagged posts anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to give a little update. I am working currently on new Features which will be available soon.

• Full Nunchuk support So you can conect the Bluetooth module to the slave VESC when you have a dual drive and still change ride modes and the settings.

• Power output limit visualisation That should mean if the VESCs output power is limited by the low voltage or the VESCs Temperatur you will be able to see it in the app and in the Videos.

And i fix the bug with the speed limit in the firmware. So also a new Firmware file will be necessary.

1 Like

And another new feature will be to adjust the throttle curve via the app. So each mode can have its own throttle curve or it simply uses the default one.

Really great job ! Many thanks. The feature of odometer and memorisef average didn’t convinced you ?

The problem with that are the bench tests. Because they would ruin the average values. And it’s not so easy to identify a bench test. Especially if somebody starts with a bench test and then takes the board for a ride. If I implement something like that then I want that the numbers are correct. But I did not find a way yet to achieve that. Maybe you have ideas.

I already delete the CSV files when the motor doesn’t spin so that a simple voltage and temperature check can be done.

can’t you just use like a amp/speed ratio or acceleration threshold to detect a bench test? On a bench you will reach top speed very quickly and the drawn amps will be low since there is almost no load. Or time - only keep csv files when the run takes longer than a couple of minutes. Benchtests usually don’t last that long.

maybe we can ask VW for some help with this :wink:

2 Likes

Awesome :joy: , they have a factory 20km away from my hometown. If they can’t help who can?

In order to separate bench test (or just checking voltage and so on), you should add a mode like in sport app (endomundo, runtastic…). I see the app like this : You open the app, connect to your board by taping its name. The scrren with all the values appears and is in standby mode (no csv recording, monitoring only). Then if you go for a ride that will be taken into account in the average and odometer calculation, you just tap the triangle (like "Play"button) and the app starts to log datas. You can pause then stop your ride (like in Endumundo). That will save distance and average in the memorized variable. Otherwise, your could also cancel your ride, it won’t save anything.

For test bench, another button for that could be great to avoid corrupt the memorized values.

What do you think about that ?

Best would be to identify it automatically instead of switching buttons on off.

@Ackmaniac Ive got the FOC itch, is it OK to use your firmware to run FOC mode?

Sure, the FOC is the same as in Vedders Firmware.

cool, thank you sir

Why does everybody call me “Sir”. Is that the new “Dude” or does everybody think that i am that old.

3 Likes

I am old, and nobody calls me sir. I guess Im just being polite, which is rare, so count your blessings :wink:

2 Likes

Hi there! Been reading this topic and I wonder - where is the rest (more of) the vesc log videos?

I understand it is not always conveniant to upload recorded videos, but would be great if it was possible to share just the stats/logs even without video.

Is this something you can do @Ackmaniac ? Perhaps it is already possible but could you share it once again then how ppl can upload their csv files to be opened later in another software?

Im aware it might be possible to do this (open csv) in bldc tool but can someone walk me through it?

Of course I will also need someone who can share his setup and his files. Sorry for not being a vesc user yet ha.

Perhaps you @DeathCookies could share some of your logs to be viewed?

If you do mind and dont want to share something (which perhaps might seem personal) I will understand.

Yeah, i can share some logs. Just ask me again when there is a possibility to analyze it external