Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

Does this work with vescx?

Better than the standard VESC.

So this won’t work with maytech Vescs?

It works also with the maytech. But they don’t have a bootloader installed so you will need a programmer to install a new firmware.

Now that’s something way out of my skills lol

1 Like
2 Likes

I read. The first 2 paragraphs and it might as well be written in an ancient language lost to time beacuse i didnt get it. All this programming is beyond me and this is where the “if i was rich” line would come in and just pay someone to do this for me lol hahaha

1 Like

Well that is the price you pay for getting a Maytech VESC :wink:

1 Like

Yea thats true go on a budget and you get what you paid for lol

Does anyone have a “bootloading for dummy’s” available? Ok serious question. Does anyone know why they do that with maytech vescs? And where can i purchase a vesc that has this done to already?

1 Like

@Lambjr088 Installing a bootloader adds a step at the factory, so they can cut production time (and therefore cost) by skipping it. Or, they might have intended to install one but it failed. If users can’t easily upload or modify the firmware, it makes it easier for the manufacturer to provide technical assistance because everyone will be using the same software platform. But in the case of MayTech, I’m guessing it’s to reduce cost.

The thread @Maxid referenced above describes a problem that most people wouldn’t have; the weirdly-lablelled programmer I ended up with. All of the script you need to install a bootloader is already written by Vedder, so you can cut-and-paste everything to get it done. You’d just need a programmer ($12usd) and some version of Linux.

If you decide to give it a try, I’m happy to help you out!

If all of that seems way too tough, I believe that all of the main VESC vendors ship with boot loaders installed (Ollinboards, DIYES, Enertion, Esk8.de, sorry if I’ve missed anyone).

I did not know it was cut and paste. Thats awesome do you know where we can find that? Links?

1 Like

Go to http://vedder.se/2015/01/vesc-open-source-esc/ and scroll sown to the “Download, Compile and Upload the Bootloader” section.

U guys r life savers. Thank you

1 Like

After months riding my board on BLDC with @ackmaniac firmware with zero issues, I tested FOC today for the first time, holy sh!it this thing is smooth!

However, I had an issue, one motor stopped responding at full throttle (several times) giving me crazy wobbles, it felt like it disconnected and connected back again, I guess VESC resetted itself due overcurrent, it never happened to me before on BLDC mode.

Here is the log:

Here are the errors:

An overcurrent followed by dreaded DRV8302,however after the disconnection board worked again perfectly.

I guess FOC is still not safe to use after all

You should not continue in FOC. Otherwise the VESC will be killed very soon. I had the same problems and also a bad crash at 40 km/h when one of the motors were cutting out. With my Vesc-X I can do whatever I want with my motors in FOC. Never had any error. Not even when I tried my changes for the firmware development and had some bugs which let the motor do crazy stuff.

2 Likes

I wonder what I did wrong, I installed an HM-10 yesterday on my second board, I’m able to read all parameters but I’m not able to switch modes, it always selects “default” even though I click on different modes. I used baud rate 9600, 115200 won’t even connect with the app.

On the other hand, as you can see on the faults, I’m getting ABS over current fault, it happened when trying to launch from stand still at only 25% throttle.

I wonder if it might have been related to this setting, as I set it to 0.030

Probably the wrong module. I have the same issue.
Start here -

The first module I purchased for my old board works perfectly

Did you update the firmware on the old board? After the updates to include throttle curves in the app is when I started having issues with mine