Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

I had the belt break on the back drive (master) and was only on the front drive (slave) during a ride - that’s when I was able to notice it, otherwise it’s a bit hard to tell. There was a noticeable delay on trigger pull vs motor response when I was only on the front motor. I’m not sure if this was due to traction control or something else (back motor was spinning freely) and the it just felt a little slower in acceleration than with the only the master enabled.

that is a exceptional case where the traction control has a hard time and of course you have less grip on the front so you could not accelerate as hard as if the motor is in the back. more interesting to me is to have 30/70 acceleration power and 70/30 brake power. Because it is easy for the front wheel to slip during acceleration. And the Backwheel can easily slip during braking. So i think it would make sense to have a different power delivery to each axle.

When you say different power delivery - do you want me to test vesc settings that reflect the 30/70 : 70/30 - Front/Back?

Exactly. But this can only be achieved by the new version which I haven’t released yet. But if you want test it let me know.

I’m having the issue where the app can collect data but can’t properly set modes (sometimes works once out of 20 tries) has one of you guys found a solution for this problem?
@Ackmaniac , you talked about maybe adding a parameter to send data the "old way " and sacrifice throttle curve data… I think that would be pretty cool for some of us having what seems to be Hm10 clones… :smile:

Btw: amazing software man, both the Android app and the molded firmware

I think i managed to get the mode change working also on the other HM-10 modules, But this requires changes in the firmware and in the app. I hope i can release the new version in this week. But by the tests it looks very good. When i am closed than 5 meters to the board it workes more or less every time.

3 Likes

Cool! That’s good news, thank you for your work

Awesome, I hope it works on all HM-10 versions, the last one I got does not work for changing modes, only the first one for most other board

I’m bumping this thread only because it’s my favorite here. Thanks for all the work you’ve done here @Ackmaniac. It made my entrance to esk8’ing way better than it would have been without.

4 Likes

FW2.53 & HW4.7 - @Ackmaniac I compiled your FW for my VESCs 4.7 that I use for my eTrampa featuring Nowind. So far I only bench tested the setup but it works fine, as expected! Ready for some offroad stuff with ampere footage. Nevertheless I discovered something new: when I push the button for cruise control at stilstand a small amount of duty cycle (less than 1%) is applied and the wheels start to turn very slow in a steady state. As far as I remember, this was not the case with FW2.18 and it is also not the case with my longboard running FW2.53. Stillstand stays stillstand if only the cruise control button is pressed. Anyone else having the same issue? Ideas?

You should also bet test my new firmware mod 2_54. In PPM it works very nice. For the Nunchuk i think that i also works as expected bit i need somebody to verify. It also would be awesome if you can compile it again for OSX.

For sure! 10 chars

Sorry newb with all of this. Is there anyway to download the firmware through osx? Also is there kind of a step by step process to set this up I just got my vescx. Thanks in advance

UPDATE

I released my new Firmware Mod Version 2.54. I updated the first post where i explain what changed. So please read it completely before you upgrade.

5 Likes

You should also mention that we can now switch the C and Z buttons on the nunchuck :heart_eyes:

When I try to open up the new bldc tool on ubuntu it does not do anything. Anyone have any advice?

You have to build it.

1 Like

The app is also already adapted to the new Version. But i will create a new thread to explain the features in more detail and how to use it. Hopefully it workes now with all bluetooth modules. But you need the new Firmware file for that. If you test it with the old firmware you won’t see a difference. We made tests with Bluetooth modules that had problems and could fix the issues. In the new one the timing for the incoming messages changed a little which should fix the issue. Also the possibility of lost settings on the VESC should not exist anymore.

The biggest change in the app that a lot of you will notice is the possibility to setup different settings for the front axle in case you have a Dual Diagonal or a 4WD. For all others just simply don’t enable that option. Also when you create a new mode it will take the last default settings as basis parameters which should make the setup easier.

5 Likes

hey guys, i am going to try and make some install builds for the latest version of the extended BLDC TOOL ASAP. if it is needed. if not its all cool. just when every there is a stable build that you want done i will do it and post the google drive links.

Hey Ackmaniac,

I would like to say thank you for your effort in improving this BLDC-Tool. With the new upgrade everything works flawlessly. Now I can drive through the city with 6 km/h :joy: