Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

Correct a mundo

Hi I’m in really deep problems with vesc configuration. Can somebody tell me straight forward guidelines how do i setup my vescs. I bought two Enertion’s vescs with 4.18 firmware. I connected first vesc and updated it to Ackmaniac’s firmware, but i don’t have no idea what i should do next. I just can’t find any good instructions. And i’m going to run dual 6355 via canbus with 10s4p (25R cells).

EDIT: I ended up with this. Does these settings work?

That looks good. You should set your batter cutoff strat to 30V and your cutoff end to 28V. And you need to adjust the PPM pulsewith values. But for that you can use the wizard. just click on it and follow the instructions. But disable the control mode fisrt by choosing “Disabled” and write the configuration. Afterwards you can activate it again.

1 Like

I’ll do that. Any idea why second vesc show me blue and red light at same time?

At the Slave VESC you have to activate “Send status over CAN” and set the Controller ID to 1.

1 Like

If anyone wants to buy this BT module, please PM me. I just checked and I have this exact one. But it’s not very useful for me since I have an iPhone and can’t use Ackmaniac’s cool app

For anyone with experience with both, why do you prefer Watt Control over Current Control?

I haven’t tried the firmware and watt control mode yet (but I will soon when I get some free time) but the primary feature (as far as I understand) is to be able to control acceleration (and braking) more precisely at mid-high speed - also you can draw the acceleration/braking curve which basically let you tune them as you want

also you will have no difference of the acceleration/braking at different voltages (between when your battery is fully charged and when it’s almost at the cutoff)

then in the firmware there are a lot of features (better traction control and cruise control) and the integration with the android app so you can log your ride and it gets the data from all the vescs which is:

1 Like

A cheap Android phone can be found for about $20 (maybe free). How well would this work to exclusively run this app? It would have no cell service, but you could feed it internet through a wifi tether if needed

Works perfect for me - I’m using an old LG Spirit 4G only for this purpose, no cell service. Big advantage: doesn’t matter that much if you hit the ground with your smartphone.

2 Likes

So far as I know If you want to use the video function you need at least android 5.0.

1 Like

If you normally use an iPhone i´d recommend getting a Google Nexus (model depending on your max. price). They run stock Android without ugly oem-themes or tons of bloatware. There´s also a huge community providing new versions etc.

1 Like

Anyone that buys a cheap android phone or just needs to bring their device up to date just have a look here http://aokp.co/devices/. We support a ton of devices. Our main server is down for maintenance at the moment but you can use these links to check for your device https://sourceforge.net/projects/aokp-nougat/files/ or http://xfer.aokp.co/?developer=AOKP. This will bring the device up to 7.1.1 Nougat. I’ll help anyone that needs it.

3 Likes

Is AOKP a light-weight version of an AOSP rom or is it modified Cyanogenmod?

I have a USC S4, jflteusc - I think this is the link but it looks like 4.2? Do you have 5.1?

http://xfer.aokp.co/?developer=AOKP&folder=jflteusc

Running CM12.1, but the bluetooth is a little buggy and the screen doesn’t always turn off correctly.

CyanogenMod is dead. It’s now LineageOS. We do track some repos from LineageOS because it’s easier than having to update on our own and they take care of all the CAF merges and rebases. I just checked and it looks like we don’t have a maintainer for the JF devices so it ended up dying on JellyBean. I still have an s4 (att) that I can get setup and build a unified device tree (bringup to 7.1.1) for if you’d like me to. Shouldn’t take too long. I’ll build on my personal machine tonight and then merge into our repos. I’ll shoot you a pm later after I’ve tested it.

1 Like

Does this work with vescx?

Better than the standard VESC.

So this won’t work with maytech Vescs?

It works also with the maytech. But they don’t have a bootloader installed so you will need a programmer to install a new firmware.

Now that’s something way out of my skills lol

1 Like