Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

1 Like

Wow, can’t leave for a day haha.

Enough BS , back to original topic as @Dedbny stated.

Have done some digging and found couple things out. Unofficially

so it goes, more power than boosted, more range than current carbon model from Evolve. Rumour they have limited the motor controller for safety and the acceleration and braking are smooth. On top of the digital remote. Gear option suggesting different running options? Supposedly more info but this is all I’ve been able to get out.

Still keen to see what they release for specs etc

Not hard to beat boosted. Different wheel options, ride should be good. Does Evolve have regenerative braking at present. Just skeptical about new potential range given now 2 motors.

Interesting topic, indeed. IMO, defending a mass produced, corporate product as better than enertions stuff is laughable. The reality is, like @onloop said, evolve can’t turn on a dime, and switch things up too much. You have to be willing to go out on a limb. Still to this day, I have yet to see anyone else integrate working head/brake lights inside of an electric skateboard except me (I’m talking about lights inside of the pressed portion of the deck, not below or on the trucks). No one needs lights, but they are cheap to add, and make night time riding much safer and easier. I know, some big company will do this before I even have a chance to start an llc, and put this into into the market. I when I try to say that I had this idea first, some fan boy will come along and complain that “x, y, or z did it first”. The reality is, the DYI community has technology far greater than the corporate community. By the time companies like inboard get their “new hub technology” shipped, the DYI community will have (and does have) a handful of hub motors much better.

@OwenGrady it’s a bummer that you have the outlook you have on eskates. You think you know best, but your ignoring the fact that corporations have bottom lines, which is money. DYI companies also have bottom lines, improving technology and offering the best possible tech to their customers. and that is what @onloop has done.

1 Like

Here’s my story I was sitting in my coach one day and And I say to myself it would be cool to ride an electric skateboard! So I start googling for an electric skateboard . (Now at the time im not a DIY guy ) so after searching the Internet I found 2 companies BB and Evolve ! And the rest was DIY company but i have no idea what a vesc is lol ?? !!! So I decide to go with The easiest solution Evolve !! And my experience was great and that was the start for me !! So one day I was riding my Evolve skate and I thought it would be cool to go faster, and that’s how I start my journey in to DIY !! And this is the video that start me in .https://youtu.be/Fm-0SgVSyD8

To be honest DIY will be always be superior to pre-build electric skateboard , the thing is that hobby it’s a real time consuming and I work full-time!! so for me at the beginning I just wanted to ride a electric skateboard so thanks to Evolve !!! Now I’m in to DIY !! Real talk

3 Likes
1 Like

54? I guess it’s kilometer.

No. That was MPH! He used a Castle XL2 ESC, a huge castle motor and LaGrange L1 trucks.

Judging by the Instagram video they just put out I think you’re right

• Sensors
  • Small Motor, 50mm diameter?
  • 14t or 15t pulley, looks like htd5, no flanges.

hopefully they will have good current control & temp control system built into their new ESC. They will need it.

They aren’t the same.

As @onloop pointed out, Evolve motors are sensored and as such, would have a motor controller to suit.

From what I’ve seen/found, mass produced, widely available Chinese out-runner motors are all unsensored.

Side note though, sweet work on the fastest skateboard test.

Also @onloop , I’m confused about the link you say you can buy Evolve’s set-up from? I don’t see anything in that ad. that is Evolve? Different motor (un-sensored therefore presuming different controller), different struts, different wheels, different remote.

What of Evolve’s do you think you could buy through that?

The motor gears do have flanges, albeit smaller than previous. Their Facebook page has a better video showing the motors.

In reality he average person wouldn’t know the difference between Evolve, Fiick , Enertion , or even a @lowGuido science project…

“We” would know the subtle difference between kick ass and kick ass …

This like a fight between the Porsche fans and Big Block V8 guys

It’s a matter of what you like your sip of adrenaline to be served in…do want it in a shot glass or in a dainty tea cup

This a pissing match that can be debated till the end of time…with no clear winner

So let the Shit Talk Fly fellas…

Cause in the end …

all this is “just” awesome bathroom reading

(I haven’t had to read the back of the shampoo bottle the past two days)

1 Like

All of my builds are better. And my shampoo smells like coconut.

4 Likes

And lemony fresh ass-hole too .

1 Like

made with that new high-tech invisible polymer stuff, right?

I would image (hope) the wheel pulley has double flanges, if it doesn’t they will have belt alignment problems.

1 Like

Spot on prediction about the BB, look at their website now. New models coming. More proof below.

Hey everyone! This is my first post and I just stumbled upon this forum by reading this thread. Greetings from Germany first of all. I am looking for help, which board to buy as my first one. I am in a situation where I dont have any experiences with esk8s yet but really want to start. Currently I dont really have the time to DIY but I am sure once I started riding for a bit, Im in for a talk :wink: Right now I am waiting for the new evolve board because evolve is one of the few companies that I am interested in which ship to Germany. What are your thoughts on it? I got the money and am worrying less about price… Just want to start riding asap ;-)) Thanks for helping out and I love to be part of this community any time soon! Djupex

1 Like

Lol not sure if you read this thread

Well. I did and i have done my research. Just a shoutout… Maybe my post was to general. It is the desperation while waiting for new releases of these named companies :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hallo Djupex,

Here you have a review of the evolve board. http://www.e-sk8.fr/2015/01/15/evolve-carbon-street-review/ http://www.e-sk8.fr/2015/01/17/evolve-terrain-kit-first-ride-paris/ Keep in mind that this is not the new version of the evolve.

If you read the rest of the blog, you can see that the guy is heavily into DIY also. He is a member of various DIY e-longboard forums and has his own. This will give you a good balanced view of the board.

2 Likes