Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

okplayer is very active member in ES-forum, hope he joins this forum too.

Thx a lot Akira, having a read now.

EDIT: These are some great infos. Really njoyd!

Lol, neat find: 'event', 'preorder'

Something must be coming then :slight_smile:, good for BB.

I still think that DIY is better for somebody that has some time to spare and willing to learn, it’s fun, it gives satisfactory results if done right, and it’s not super-hard to do if you stick to the basics, but not everybody want to go the DIY route. Sometimes people just wants a ready-to-ride product and that’s it, but if the product doesn’t arrive in time or doesn’t meet their expectations then a part of them will go DIY as well I think. At least that’s what happened to me, I ordered the [Bolt] last year (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bolt-the-world-s-most-portable-electric-vehicle#/comments) (that is now late few months lol, as usual :D) mostly because I wanted a small portable board to do the home-work-home commute (I think that an electric skateboard is revolutionary for that, it’s even lighter than a moped), but then, few months ago I was tired of waiting, I was daydreaming about riding my future board a lot already and went to the DIY route, learned some lessons at first but I was and I’m very happy, I’m a bit obsessed with it (it happens to me with all the cool things, I’m now waiting to try a VESC next week, to learn how to do a custom battery pack, and wanting to make more videos!)… my gf and my wallet are less happy lol but whathever ^^

edit: sorry cuz I wrote too much and I’m a bit OT

Building your own Professional Grade, High-powered electric skateboard has never been easier… I have spent the last 3 years trying to simplify the process so that anyone can do it.

This video is a demonstration of what is possible at home with limited tools.

3 Likes

These teasers are annoying. Talk about drawing out the details. No @onloop no parody. Evolve release the board and specs so we can all judge it fir ourselves.

2 Likes

So good news and bad news.

Yes I’ve been following the Evolve video releases, yes they have just released another.

Bad news, is they still haven’t really released any specs, like at all.

The video doesn’t show any more board wise, but it does show wheel options. Looks like they’ve confirmed not only basic street and off road options, but multiple street wheel options. In the video description they state all the wheels fit on the same axle. So assuming a matter of changing just wheels then.

Also says full details coming May 25. Still a bit of a wait, but at least a date.

3 Likes

Wow to that wheels variations! got to admit the switch from urethane to pneumatics that easy catch my attention. Also since the motor is positioned at the back, their deck could go very low to the ground (especially when they integrate the rest within the decks).

2 Likes

Looks like they have made a custom 7 inch pneumatic wheel

3 Likes

that works with abec wheel pulleys i hope

1 Like

Would be pretty cool using the MBS 100mm All-Terrain wheels with the evolve’s low center of gravity.

Great to have all those wheel options. Stil sceptical about the range though. Still no motor specs or range. Looks like we have another month of these 15sec vids. Next vids. Long range shot of someone riding it where you still cant see it with claimed range.

1 Like
2 Likes

hello guys, I recently have been looking around at the different boards on the market since i am making one of my own. while doing this i came upon this video. i know that evolve hasn’t been the best in the past but this video is promising!!! Check it out and let me know what you guys think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFteORVf-6Q

1 Like

There is already a thread on the new evolve boards. One of the mods should move thos @longhairedboy @cmatson @lowGuido

1 Like

Looks like the 7-inch pneumatic is actually using 5mm pitch pulley… ballsy move…

this video below i posted back in 2014 has 5mm pitch pulleys & 5.5inch pneumatic wheels… i eventually stopped using this system due to rocks getting caught in the belt. Evolve do have a cover over the motor pulley but there is still a big gap between the wheel pulley & motor pulley…

Overall though i think the drive train looks good, having the machined step for the pulley bearing is smart.

1 Like

Looks like my comments about the custom made 7inch wheel came true.

1 Like

Onloop !!! we want more potter’s prophesy !!! What about, blink , volt , smaller E board ?? I think marbel and stary are doomed

there will be more Potters Prophecies coming at ya in the near future… maybe weekly…

I will only speak about things that are interesting to me & that i have a deeper knowledge about.

THIS IS IT!!

Looks like the Good Design awards didn’t get the memo!!! Evolve GT Carbon Series

I’m loving the look of it, like seriously, it looks intense! They say 3000W dual Brushless motor system with lithion ion battery (which I’m pretty sure they already use)

https://www.good-design.com/entry/evolve-gt-carbon-series/

5 Likes