Enertion Raptor | First Batch Problems & Solutions

I’ll get back to you on anything I see. Not sure what time it is over there. But will keep you informed. Also wondering when I would be receiving the new switch.

Will do some testing at work tomorrow and let you know what I found out. Thanks so far!

its morning here, what new switch?

Just curious, but are those 5.5mm connectors rubbing on the carbon fibre?? carbon is a conductor don’t forget.

If you look up #1550 order it should be something there. And I posted it on this thread. The switch was bad out of box. We’ve emailed a couple times.

Ok played with motor leads and it started working so my guess is I have a loose lead. So I will dig in a little further by opening the motor lead seal to see if I can find the problem. I used a needle nose plier to push the leads in 5mm connectors

1 Like

I would say the problem is at the connection between the PCB itself & the connector. It probably needs more solder to build up the joint and make it stronger. If I had it here I would build up a solder bridge between the MOSFET legs & the connector. (one of the mosfet pins is isolated and should not be soldered together with the other pins.)

your battery is ready & waiting to be shipped, but i do need video evidence of fault.

if possible put the link of video into the sheet so i can track it.

Ok I figured it out your first guess was the problem. One of the motor leads came loss inside the motor itself. I can here it when pulling on leads. Can I open motor to look?

1 Like

Can I post the YouTube link on the spread sheet. Ok first I’m old and suck on computer things. I just love skating.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Here the switch issue https://youtu.be/r7CxD2kTUg8

the sheet helps me identify everyones issues, otherwise i cant keep track because i dont know what all your forum user names & orders etc are.

Ok I open up your sheet but can’t figure out how to post the video on there. I’ll keep trying. What about motor issue? I can also put that on your sheet as well and try to put a video on there also. Will it be ok to open motor up? That was my other problem.

I just needed a link to your video in the sheet next to your details.

If you think you can fix the issue you can open the motor, but there is a chance you will make the problem worse & ultimately much harder for me to resolve. unless you have experience fixing BLDC motors i suggest sending it to my repair agent.

I can send it to your east coast shop. Do I send the whole board or just the motor? Just let me know.

I’ve tried to post the link multiple times on your spread sheet with no luck. I copied and tried to paste it and it would not allow me to. But I can paste it on other places with no problem. Can you send the link as a new issue and I’ll fill it out all over again.

Its ok for now, i will have the new battery sent out.

its probably better to send the entire deck (send the faulty battery also), just box it up, then the whole thing can be looked at as a whole.

Ok I filled out the spread sheets on both the issues. And attached a link on both.

I thought I couldn’t send the battery. Or was that just over seas? I’ll do what I have to. Just give me detailed info and I’ll send it. I’m guessing to your east coast repair shop? Just let me know. I’m gonna miss my Raptor. I might even cry.

So found some time at work and measured the connections. Everything (resistance) looked the some on all six connections. So I changed the motors to the other VESCs. The VESCs and the soldering looks fine but the cogging motor does the same with the other VESC :grin:

Vesc with might loose connection on the working motor: https://youtu.be/Y7nqq7TKGRE

Working vesc with on the cogging motor: https://youtu.be/l_MJ34ztzdA

What bothers me most is that I removed the perfect sealed VESCs and all the other electronics to find out that the motor might is broken. Its hardcore to get them out. Future Raptors should have a rubber gasket on the connector side and screwed electronics for better stability.