Enertion Raptor | First Batch Problems & Solutions

So it looks as if you have the same issue as my mono Raptor. I just tugged and moved wires around and tell it started working again.

I have tried nearly any combination of wires with both VESCs but the motor isnā€™t working properly. Different on the other motor this one is working with both VESCs and every wire combination. Is it possible to measure the motor itself? Worst is that today is the best weather since weeks :smiley:

Hate to say Iā€™m back again, but it looks like Iā€™ll be out of a raptor for at least another monthā€¦

km starting to think I should have just bought the boosted board.

motor mount is still crooked and the soldering came undone, launching me off the board.

Thatā€™s just a loose wire! Put the bullet connector back in and you are ready to go. The mount got obviously a hit and that doesnā€™t change the function.

Hope I did the bridges right! One leg is still without solder so all good I hope!

Iā€™ll wrap the connectors again in shrink tube and test it again. All done and they are still working so Iā€™m happy. But the motor is definitely broken :pensive: Have tested the setup in all possibilities and with the 6374 RSPECS for my next project. Shall I send the motor to Australia now?

Hey, great stuff! Want them, too! I love VA. And therefore I need you to post the list of the different kind of screws. Thanks!!!

Just a reminder on order 1550. I have a motor issue as well as the battery. I would much rather you just send me a motor than sending the whole board back. I can even send just the motor first and you guys can look it over before sending me one in return. I did fill out another issue about the motor on your spread sheet. Just havenā€™t heard back from you in awhile. Thanks

It was a loose connection inside the motor. I played around with the wire on both the vesc and then the motor and when moving motor wire around it started working. Any it on your spread sheet

Replacing the motor is not very easy, there are lots of fiddly things, also you need to have heat shrink and hot glue to ensure the motor connectors donā€™t vibrate loose. If you replace the motor and itā€™s not done properly then any related fault that occurs (like the connections falling out) afterwards would be your responsibility. I am happy to help you through the process though.

ALSO, I would like to see the fault in case it is a problem with my factory not soldering the wires correctly on the inside.

Let me know what you want to do, the motor cable could just be plugged in, I recommend using some hot glue otherwise it can vibrate loose.

I am not sure i understand how the mount is cooked. the photo doesnā€™t clearly show it.

Iā€™ll just send the whole board back. Probably be better to send it directly to you so you can take a close look at it. Is your mailing address on your web site?

@onloop you might get a better rate from smugglers doing midnight runs with their offshore wraceboats. LOL

SO finally nice weather and I got the Raptor screws checked out I took it out. First impression, the Raptor is sick fast. Acceleration is quick and the only issue was occasional cutting out of the controller until I put my hand back closer to the board so I must have the full CF lid.

Mad thanks to @jacobbloy for taking the time to call me to walk me through the issues I had connecting my BLDC to my VESCā€™s using a down adapter I found on B&H photoā€™s website and made connecting to the VESCā€™s painless for only $11-. I finally got the necessary changes to the VESCā€™s made and now I will be drilling holes in the CF cover (thanks @Tarzan for the idea) till I get a more frequency transparent cover. (Jason @onloop you can even send it to @longhairedboy with the batch of batteries and then he can fwd to me if it saves you some money, I can wait.

Observations with the new settings. I have to increase the braking to stop a Godzilla sized rider. Overshot the turn after decreasing to recommend changes (not enough force to slow 132kg down a 16% down slope). When going 41.76km/h down a 6 degree slope on numerous occasions I observed what appeared to be a temporary loss of motor control or safety shut down or something that changed the characteristics of the ride which surprised me. It was only about Iā€™d estimate a 10% or so perceived change of force but little surprising first time it happened. Any input would be appreciated. I changed to Bones hard durometer bushings as the original ones were way to soft for Godzilla. Better but I still have a little speed wobble. Acceleration is little slower but much improved, maybe Iā€™ll adjust it later if I get used to it.

Overall just a thrill every time I go for a ride. Looking forward to many more adjustments saved profiles and hopefully soon a bluetooth app which lets me change things on the road. Thank you all for everyones passion to make the most fun electric vehicles out there better and better everyday.

3 Likes

The new non-CF lids are nearly done, itā€™s a very close match, but to the trained eye i think you can tell its not a perfect carbon fiber match.

But like one of my customers said, function over form is important for this.

to

2 Likes

Hi, it seems like I have loose connection. Everything i connect the boards it looses connection to the controller after I use the controller. I made a video which you find on Dropbox.

If someone has an idea how to fix it please let me knowhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/1o74xg8a90ef33x/2016-03-17%2019.02.46.mp4?dl=0

https://youtu.be/O1FTXMLKHyg I was wrong at the end of the video. The connection to the vesc on the non working motor are the loose onesā€¦ but even when I put them in as far as I can, the motor doesnā€™t budge. I donā€™t think the motor failed however somethings not connecting and Idk what.

Looks like a dead vesc or the motor connectors are broken off, or both. your board had the motor fall off right? this damage to vesc may have happened when your motor fell off and now due to vibrations the motor connectors have come away from the PCB.

For now you could remove the belt on the side that doesnā€™t work.

Probably need to just replace the VESC.

you can send the board for repair. or try to fix it yourself.

Well sure, but thatā€™s why I sent it in the first time. So that it could be ā€œfixed tested and good to goā€, like you said. Should I send it to the same guy, and send you another shipping charge? I can fix some things but installing a vesc is not one.

We can only fix the problems that are present at the time, technically this problem has only just occurred so we could not have fixed it before. However there is a chance that it is related.

Also, if you decide to send it back try to use the same shipping method that was used when we returned it to you, it was like $55 but when you sent it the first time you paid $130ish. I am happy to offer a $60 credit to cover the return shipping.

Hi here is the link k to my video about the connection problems.