Enertion Raptor | First Batch Problems & Solutions

Sweet!!! I’ll take the shiny black one that lights up when you press her buttons.

1 Like

Yeah, what he said! Bring it on, baby!!!

Thanks big-time!

I’m having issue as you can see. I’m thinking it’s the drive or vesc. Order #1550. I’m currently waiting for a new switch as well. Thanks
http://youtu.be/8RoJgK2QZCo

When did the problem start? Did you make any changes with firmware? Are any of the motor wires noticbly loose or damaged?

It happened twice the first time it didn’t last to long and returned to normal. But now that’s all it does. First time was 2 days ago. Then the day after I tried to use it and it completely wouldn’t go. Has this happened to others? I haven’t had time to look at past post on this forum category. I’ll try to hook up to pc tonight

So much i hate to report a problem but I have the same problem…

Everything was fine the last days and I rode the board some kilometers with no changes. The only changes I made were the recommendations from onloop with higher current. The happening: I cruised downhill as it happened and noticed a change in the sound the board made. The drag got higher and the board went slower and I decided to stop to check everything. While slowing down I noticed as well that the brake force was reduced. I checked for loose wires, sniffed for burned parts and if the motors were spinning free. All seemed fine so I hit the trigger while the wheels were in the air. Only one motor was spinning and the other was cogging like in the video. After I carried the board for four kilometers I decided to give it another try and switched it on, but the problem was still there. It got heavy so I pushed it for 400 meters but the drag was to high to continue. Board on remote on and another try. I rode it 500 meters with nearly no throttle and when I tried to activate the brake slightly the wheel blocked. I removed the belts and kicked it home. I’m afraid that I burned a motor but no smell and no heat from the strange one. What shall I do now? Thanks in advance.

You should check the CAN bus cable first. It might be loose.

The Connection seems fine. Don’t want to rip everything apart before onloop made a suggestion :wink:

Can you read your settings from both VESC? If not, why not? If do, does the information for both seem the same, or different? If not the same, did you try writing the same information from the master to the slave? You shouldn’t have to do this, but it might clear up an issue…

Did you plug a usb into that vesc at any stage? I think it is a loose wire somewhere.

What country you in?

Thought it is okay to do it just on the master. It worked great before. Can’t reach the second vesc with my DIY kable and need an angled one. Saw that my reciever came loose but that can’t be the source of the issue.

Of course right in the beginning after you recommended the changes for the low voltage cut off and the max/min currents. Never have done something with the firmware if you want to know this. Timo from Germany

What country you in? If in usa i suggest send it for repair.

The 5.5mm connectors for motor have most likely come loose. Or detached from pcb. It needs to be disassemble and the connections need more solder.

Yea, that’s the same failed motor that happened to me. Jason was super nice and paid for all shipping and new parts. I’ve put on about 50 miles since…

I’ve had it for 3 days now and last night one of the belts already broke though… maybe you could include a few extra belts with the board orders from now on,because I know I’m not the only one.

luckily I can still ride it mono until the new belts arrive. :smile:

Crap! I suck at soldering and would like to avoid it. Stripped the connections so I can see better and they look solid. Do you think they are cold? Can I just reheat them with the iron?

Or measure them?

I haven’t tried anything yet. It’s still on your factory setting. I was going to connect to my pc in about 2 hrs from this post. And I was going to check all connects along with video.

Sorry lm in the state of Washington. Did you say your bother lives on the west coast?

Sometimes problems are not visible and need to be investigated more closely. I will try to find someone in germany who can help.

my bro is on the west, I also have a dude @longhairedboy on the east.