EMF Hub motor final sale!

Is Ralphy Jacob?

1 Like

You try it without the new insert?

NOOO im not Jacob lol but i am trying to help

No, the insert doesnt fit right when the wheel is brand new especially with these that are cast to be tighter on the motor…it needs to be broken in ans stretched out. The manufacture just provided 3 different compounds of urethane to test. One is so stiff i cant compress it with my hand this one is pretty soft.

@ralphy that would be awesome.let me know when you get some and then I’ll order your nubs and sleeves so they can all ship together. Thank you so much.

@yaca I got these I think in July, I’m one of the first ones to order. But I was away. then when I got back I read all the negative stuff with the hubs and I have like 3 emtb builds going on so I didn’t even bother with these hubs.

They’re definitely not standard axle nuts. You didn’t end up with two of these somewhere in the box?

What is the inner diameter of the new urethane?

I checked. Turned the box inside out. Sadly, I didn’t find any.

You can make one dude. Get a coupler to the right pitch thread and a hex bolt of the same pitch thread and a washer.

If the coupler doent go into the hub motor grind the sides if its to loose jam it into a copper pipe and get it to fit snug.

2 Likes

One of the wheels out of the 3 samples didnt slip. The hardest one worked good no mods needed on the motor at all. I got it up to 200F no issues, its just a little noisy but smooth ride.

The other two flapped around like a dolphins tail.

4 Likes

So what you are saying is that this whole shemozle was because the manufacturer used the wrong duro thane. And that the motors work perfectly well on the correct thane?

Maybe, I don’t know the history behind the while story.

I sent @lowGuido my 2 broken hubs, he was able to repair one, if he’s keen he can forward you an axle nut from the broken motor if they’re still around? At least it would help someone out.

oh that would be awesome. i’ll pay for the shipping.

Where abouts are you? Pm me the address and ill send it to you.

That is what Jacob said right from the start - no? That the second batch was a different urethane to the prototypes and that he did not know about the change.

1 Like

A manufacture legally cannot vary a design on their own without being liable for losses. I learned that in business law.

Do you think the chinese manufacture knows what you learned in business law or do you think care about it?

3 Likes

Your absolutely right … excellent point if view. Keep up all the progress

Alright so who needs better urethane or motors or vescs? I can do a bulk order an offer some significant improvements over the current design. 1. All stainless steel hardware. 2. Upgraded phase wires to silicone stranded from the motor to the 4mm bannana male prong all properly heatshrinked w glue lined heatshrink. 3. Non slip red urethane no mods to motor needed. 4. An optional extreme setup with additional nub inserts and liner insert which i designed $150 more. Extreme setups will offer lifetime warranty like all the products I design at cfabstudios

3 Likes