Dead VESC4.12 10mph in a parking lot

Whaaaaat?! I would never…

2 Likes

I would guess the TB would not last as long as a FocBox under abnormal conditions assuming those conditions are power input/output related, but that just because of the upgraded FET’s on the FocBox. As the TB VESC is a 1/3 cheaper, I feel like that’s a pretty good trade-off.

Same here, I just tend to defend our retailers a bit vehemently as without them we would be locked down to HK crap, and that would just suck balls :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Funny you bring up HK…Their cheap ass vescs are 4.10 and run FOC @ 12s like champs!

1 Like

Just saying man…The marketing here tends to get way too far ahead of capabilities. And the heard follows with religiously blind eyes. Bullhorns in hand

Just a few months ago, Hubmotors were the SHIT!!

1 Like

Fortunately I never agreed with the hub motor thing lol. Belts/chains/spurs 4 life

1 Like

Im mostly talking about the HK motor mounts and motors, not good imho. As a consumer we tend to make assumptions that are not always correct. Like the HK VESC is prolly crap because the motor mounts are crap.

At the same time, I dont think anyone would argue that a HK VESC is better than a FocBox. When I’m slinging my old ass down the road at 30mph on a rocket powered murder board I want the best equipment I can get :slight_smile:.

3 Likes