Configuration and telemetry for VESC [iOS, Android]

Same as you but undervalue I have 140 wh for 19 km of bombing like hell and my battery showed at least 270 wh used

There is a bug in the data, if you look at https://metr.at/r/VRDYd?format=json and search for elapsedWh, it starts growing slowly until 117.26, then goes crazy 117.26,117.26,175.87,234.49,234.49. Looking at elapsed milliseconds that corresponds to 732603 which is about 12-13 minutes from the start. Some bug occurred. You can see that if you zoom your chart before that time, you will get proper consumption https://metr.at/r/VRDYd?zoom_start=20&zoom_end=2032. Would be nice to figure out what happened, maybe VESC went off/on for a short time, I need to test that case.

1 Like

Not a good thing if it’s really the case ! :worried:

The jump on this value appeared during a break (just put the board in a corner without switching it off) so I don’t see any event that could have trigger a bug… Is elapsedWh read from the VESC directly ? So the bug would be in the VESC FW ?

No, the bug is most likely in the app. ElapsedWh is calculated in the app.

@ElskerShadow yes, your settings for CarvON look fine. Please enable “Multiply Data” checkbox and try again. And no, the app does not take into account consumption by the lights.

Can you use the metr module to connect to ack app as Well? If so, how? Change the baudrate?

Yes you can. Just use it. No need to change anything :+1:

Yay connected! I’ve noticed that in both apps it looses connection from time to time, any fix to that?

I guess it makes more sense to subtract than to not to, of course not all regen energy goes back to the battery due to losses in wiring and internal resistance, but I believe the most part goes back, if I got time I will do two full discharge rides, one using the brake and other without or use it only if really needed, this way if both rides gets the same energy out of the battery we will know if it’s almost 100% regen efficiency

About the wrong values, the two rides that I did I got arround 7,9 Wh/km, seems reasonable, next ride I will connect both VESC’s and see if adds up

1 Like

Whey is my temp so low?? I use dual Focbox

Check the realtime value directly in BLC/VESC Tool. If the value is the same, it’s probably a fried resistor. Check also if the other VESC is showing the same value (could be checked through metr.at with CAN fwd, I guess).

2 Likes

Roman, I think I found another bug, there is a divergence between the average speed showed in the app and in the web after I make the upload, on the app it shows 19 km/h, and on the web 16 km/h

Thanks

1 Like

Hey i have a very strange bug since a few days, When i use multiply data after a few minutes of ride i only can use 1 motor i have to restart the board to use both The problem never occur when i m not recording data

What do you mean by “can not use 1 motor”? It is not spinning or what?

Yup exactly. One motor running, one motor not running. I’ve done several test because I tought I fucked up my vesc and i’m sure 100% it’s somewhat linked to the bluetooth or App.

This is very strange, as the app does not control motors in any way.

What firmware do you have on each VESC? What remote do you use? Do you have remote and bluetooth module connected to the same VESC?

I have firmware 2.18 with focbox GT2B No remote on master and bluetooth module on slave. My tought it’s the can connection the problem, dunno how it’s linked to metr. The only way I could recreate this specific bug without the metr app was by turning on the board, then turn the remote on 2 mins later and it would only control one motor. I have to turn off board and turn board + remote on in a 1 min window or only 1 motor will spin. It’s so weird i ve checked everything inside and parameters of focbox all seem fine

Will the 7 pin version for FOCBOX work with the future Vesc6 variants that are coming out in the near future? Ive put my name down for 2x B-boxes (Vesc6 based hardware) and moved away from the Focbox route, Am I stuck with a module that I cant use? Or can I change the pinout to make it work?

You just need to swap RX and TX (orange and green wire). 7-pin connector can be plugged in 8-pin slot on VESC6.

1 Like

@rpasichnyk I was thinking here, do you ever thought of implementing users account on the app and the website? They way it is if you don’t save the address of each uploaded record you have to upload the again to see, and to see on a computer I generally add it to a cloud notes app and then open it on the pc

With a user you could access all your records anywhere and quickly

1 Like

Yes, I was thinking about it, even though that will complicate the setup. I don’t like apps that require registration in order to function properly, so I need to support both with- and without account scenarios. And then even handle things like oh, I have a tablet and a phone, and I want seamless synchronization of my history, etc. All of this is possible, and I will try to do it in the future. Thank you for the suggestion :slight_smile:

6 Likes