Complete ESK8 - Made by Builders - Looking for US builders

@esk8 Is it strong enough in the middle? Slot is quite big but then again aluminium for the whole mount is not very thing either :slight_smile:

You can always list out the pricing or quantity you would like to achieve, then we can consider it or add it to the list. A lot of parts havent been confirmed / finalized for the build / complete eboard yet, so suggestions are welcome

1 Like

Keep in mind the price is one of the main parts, we arenā€™t a shop, just scrubs looking for cheap parts mainly from China. Consider that for a mount 25ā‚¬ is the max we are gonna spend

I think no worries. We can add him to the ā€˜specializedā€™ esk8 open source build we had as a side project. This might still work for Eu people. So that is why I think we shouldnt limit such offers but it does not say we are 100% going to accept and use them.

When we have a complete list of parts categories and parts I can throw a quick web app up that will allow selection and output a parts and price list.

It would actually be pretty easy using PHP with a MySQL back end. A big question is how to handle payment, PayPal is always an option but itā€™s roughly 3% per transaction that will need to be accounted for.

1 Like

yeh, Ive found about different transaction system and they are quite a bit cheaper! I think the one I used charged 1.5% which is actually tiny amount mostly.

But maybe for 500usd transactions we can look aroundā€¦ though i think almost everyone charges in some way either it is % fee, a stock fee or maybe even bad conversion rate between different currencies.

Im not sure about the categories yet @mmaner U might need to speak with @lox897 but for now he is away and not availble (part of Australian time?)ā€¦

We also had a part time deal with @longhairedboy but since it has been a while back he has not really given any response about the recent developments we have had on this.

It will probably matter most when part list is ready, centers for distribution and part installation are set and so on.

ā€“

So yes, might need to wait for @lox897 input as I have not personally thought about webpage level yet. But we might surely need that later. For now we are just communicating on chat app, where instant messaging is possible + we have a google drive sheet for some of the ā€˜part scenariosā€™ā€™- parts we might choose and for what reason.

I would go for PayPal anyway, just for reliability. We can handle that extra fee

@lox897 @mmaner Hey guys this sounds cool! How can I help?

For any further questions, just contact @lox897

Iā€™ve heard that they do charge a lot from venders/sellers Also, how bout a longer callibur trucks with dual 6374?

This sound like a very fun project and would love to help in any way. If you guys want I can cut parts out of aluminum and steel I have 5 tormachs and 1 with a chamber and coolant for steel all 3 axis. So you donā€™t have to pay to get the parts cut somewhere. Just pay for shipping also if you guys can run it thru a cam software and just give me the code tht would work great if not I can use fusion. I have 6061 al and 1040 steel stocked.

2 Likes

Yes, either your remote or my one could be used. How much is yours going to cost? Iā€™ve got mine to about $10 - $15

Please join the telegram chat

Thanks for offering! Can you put yourself up in the map? U are from Usa right?

Map link:

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2546688

Just click: Additions -> ā€™ Add marker - Simple ā€™

That enclosure looks nice! But the mount we are looking at anodised black mounts from china for $15 a piece with two piece, so 1 piece would be even cheaper. Enclosure hasnā€™t been thought of much yet, but a shiny enclosure with cutouts already made is probably the end goal.

Here is our current list of parts: Dark wood grain deck loaded vanguard shape (maybe stiff or not) Orangatang Purple wheels (getting quotations) Caliber 200mm Black Trucks with purple bushings (undecided durometer bushings) Shiny/Matte ABS enclosure with cutouts for eswitch, battery percentage display etc 10S3P 30Q with eswitch, 60a bms, and display Custom VESC Arduino OLED

Telegram keeps telling me the chat doesnā€™t exist

A complete board is a great idea! Iā€™d vote for interchangeable battery too.

Everyone please follow @electricboardbuilders on Instagram and Facebook. There will be regular updates on the Instagram page.

We have finished the motor mount design with idler pulley, and full 360 degree rotation. The (almost) final deck choice is the Jet Potato 33" , as it is a nice mix between cruiser and longboard.

2 Likes

Hey @oren , the battery has 324wh, so there is really no need for interchangeable batteries. It has 32.4km real world range based on the 10wh/km rule

1 Like

Direct link https://www.instagram.com/electricboardbuilders/

3 Likes