Choosing the right motor kv for the VESC

Thanks man! I’ll try that ASAP

Have you tried the 9s 245kv combination? Does it work well?

That combination will rip your a++ apart :smiley: Should work really well, but you have to limit erpm

1 Like

Are you using this configuration?

No. I left my first Board with 6s 245kv and a car esc and continued with 190kv 10s vesc dual

Would you say its a big difference between the two? Id live to try a dual, but no one here uses eskate…

It’s much smoother and powerful. Especially if you live in a hilly terrain, if you weight more than 80kg or if you just wanna go BOoom :slight_smile:

1 Like

How reliable would be to run 12s on 190KV limiting ERPM on the VESC? Is it too risky?

@chaka I use a 10S (36V) Space Cell Pro4 battery and a 6355 260KV EPOWER MOTOR. According to your calculations this results in 65.520 ERPM. Is this a good setup? Or is it wise to limit the ERPM on the VESC? I use an Enertion VESC-X. Not sure how much ERPM it is able to take.

Have you used this setup at maximum speed? Have you restricted maximum ERPM on VESC settings?

1 Like

No, still assembling this setup, since my VESC had a failure and I have to wait until replacement parts arrive. So I haven’t been able to use it at maximum speed yet, but I didn’t restrict the ERPM on VESC settings yet either. I think it would be wise to set these at around 60.000 instead of the standard 100.000 right?

Yes, you need to do that

IIRC someone set their eRPM limit on the VESC, but it’s a hard limit meaning the VESC was shutting off when they hit that limit. I haven’t confirmed this myself, just something i remember reading.

That said, it’s much better to correctly configure your hardware, I’d get a =< 200kv motor for a 10s setup and leave the erpm limit alone. I use 10s 200kv personally and left the eRPM at the default 100k

@Jinra what motor setup are you using if you don’t mind me asking?

My two builds. One is 10s 200kv, the other is 10s 190kv:

1 Like

If we compare a 230KV with a 190KV 6355 motor on 10S, would the 230KV have noticeable less torque from a dead stop?

I would think it would be pretty noticeable, I’m not 100% since I havent tested this on the street though. I know my unsensored 230kv “feels” like it’s got next to no torque compared to my buddies 190kv sensored , if that makes any sense lol.

What’s pullies are you runing in the 230kv? 10S battery?

If you change the pullies of the 230kV to match the top speed of the 190kV torque would be identical. However you’d hit the ERPM limit on a VESC with the 230kV.

Without changing the pulley the 230kV setup would be ~10km/h faster than the 190kV which is pretty significant.

In my post about KV’s I found that my 230kv motors run at about 210 which puts me below eRPM limit. You should be able to run 230’s on 10s just fine on some motors.