Choosing the right motor kv for the VESC

Thanks @NickTheDude and @Jinra, those are the answers I’ve been looking for.

For a 15/40T pulleys think I found the sweet KV spot @ 230KV, I also researched the 230KV is much easier to push than a 170KV or even 190KV motor

So I can’t do 190kv for a 12S?!?!

Stick with 10s and read read read erpm limit

ERpm limit of what? Where?

Use the search, type erpm see answers. People here don’t mind helping but don’t make people spoon feed you info you can search by clicking the search icon. If you can’t find the answer or don’t understand then post your question and reference the stuff you’ve read and what you don’t understand.

I think diy electric has it wrong then?

1 Like

No follow what he tells you if buying his equipment just Kno that setup is very close to erpm limit

@NewbieBoardBuilder learn what kV, voltage and the VESC ERPM limit are. Then you’ll never have to ask a question about it again and you can figure this stuff out without constantly having to consult people.

I’ve done my research! Why are you worried about ERPM limits if you can just set a max on the vesc?

Sometimes you gotta pretend they not there lol

1 Like

But I’m pretty sure I’m right!!

If you are sure and you see it done before and working than copy the plan and execute it. Plain and simple 98% of the ?'s you asking have been answered

Isn’t it around 6000 erpm that it was decided is a safer speed for the Vesc?

I’m getting flashbacks from the devin arguments

1 Like

Hey @Jinra long time no talk. I decided to go back to the 6372 enertion motor and still overheating the vesc lolll. I miss my 170kv 5065… Shit has anyone solve this problem yet? I am curious cause I am going on a cruising tour today and dont wanna be stopping every 5 mins on hills to cool off… Thanks Jin

maybe it was chaka who tested and said while you can hit 8000 erpm the vesc is prone to failure at those high speeds and safer at 6000ish. maybe that was just in FOC?

I run 190kv on 12S, I’ve never exceeded max ERPM it runs like a dream!

170kv are good but 190kv are much better for 12S

2 Likes

That’s what he said in this thread. Basically 8570+ rpm will fry the vesc (60000 rpm)

are you saying 8500 erpm is the limit and 6000 erp was thought to be a safe max for foc or also bldc?