Broken Boosted Board

I will PM barajabali but I live in Europe hope he can help me

1 Like

If the BMS does not work, the ESC will not either. They have to have a communication between them for the ESC to function.

0V is not normal. There should be some voltage between those two points. Try measuring each individual cell by putting one probe on ground B- and then on each cell + pad(C1, C2 etc)

He canā€™t ship overseas, just US

Hi, I saw your post and had an Idea, maybe you can buy a Extended Battery Pack from Boosted, if you canā€™t, buy a battery pack from a local (EU) esk8 shop, I now that Alien sells packs with Bms, but do not know if their pack have a good BMS.

So if I canā€™t make my BMS working the esc will be also fucked up, and if barajabali canā€™t do overseas I have no choice to do it myself or find battery pack with bms + 2 vesc ?

I will try to measuring each cell again donā€™t have my multi meter right now but I will do it ASAP.

Also I see that @raphaelchang have done an internship in Boosted Board and have done is own ESC and BMS do you think he can help me ?

@Pantologist Are you sure that you cant use ESC with different BMS? SOme guys use the external battery packs on BB without any BMS without problemā€¦

I am not a pro, it just doesnt make sense to meā€¦explain it pls :slight_smile:

1 Like

You must be getting some of that world class customer service boost is known for? What I always hear is to that Boost boards have a short range, crap top speed, but the best customer serviceā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m sure there is nothing really he can directly help with. It is proprietary software/hardware that communicates with each other.

1 Like

As I said even if Boosted board have the best customer service they do not help european customer because they do not sell boosted board v1 overseas

Also someone know if the BMS of the v2 battery pack is the same as the v1 because if it is the same I can try to put an v2 battery that can be sell seperatly ???

Hey mate. I have a idea I saw this same thing happen to Casey. What he did was get his mate to drive is car around with a rope and him on the board for about half an hour. I think it used the regen braking to recharge the cells and it seemed to work again. You could try this but no guarantee. Worth a try thošŸ™‚

There is a lot of people who telling me that but I have two boosted board and I did it to my other one who have a battery problem before and now it work like a charm but when I had try with this one it did not work also you may need to have a BMS working ?

I am not sure Iā€™m not very experienced with the boosted board

Nope, you cannot connect a V2 battery to a V1 ESC. They are not compatible.

So I check the voltage between B+ and B- and I got 8,46 Volt as I said 6 cells are 0 volt and the other 6 cells have 1.1V.

Well as far as i know boosted board has the BMS and ESC as separate unitsā€¦ meaning that they dont ā€œtalkā€ to each other so you should be fine changing the batteries with another BMSā€¦ BMS is not expensive at all copared to batteriesā€¦

BTW are you masuring at the batteries directly or on some cable coming from them? because if on cable it might have just disconnected somewhere due to vibrations and so on

There is communication between the two. There are both power connections and data connections between the two. Check out a tear down video. Fairly easy to spot. I should have a tear down video coming soon as well.

Oh sorry my badā€¦ didn know for sure. I thought that there are only like 4 wires for power

Definitely 4 wires. A positive, negative and some kind of communication line with an additional two wires.

Do you have an idea if I have only half cells that working the bms should power on right ?

When you plug in a working charger, the BMS should turn on. Sounds like a damaged BMS. I currently have a board with an apparently damaged BMS. I will open it up in to check it out but I am pretty sure that is the easiest way to check if the BMS still functions.

I am planning on just removing the electronics and maybe replace the motor and just put DIY components in mine. You might be able to do the same. You will need a new battery pack either way.