Broken Boosted Board

Hi,

I have a Boosted Board that had an issue with the battery, someone suggest me to tear down the board and put a new battery I success to dissassembly the board but it seems that the BMS not working anymore (Not sure) I can try to put new cells 12s1p for around 350 euros but I don’t want to take the risk if the BMS is broken. So I don’t know if someone can help me out or give me advice. There is a possibility to know if my BMS still working ? Or if it is possible to keep the original remote original charger and put an VESC with new battery pack ? I apologize if my English is not good I live in Europe.

I think it will be hard unless u don’t mind voiding your warranty but rn I recommend sending it back to boosted for repair

1 Like

I already voiding my warranty because the board is dissamble right now, if you want to know the full story I did ask boosted board for a repair but they told me that the board was not suppose to Europe market so it will cost me 600 dollars for battery plus shipping.

Ok, tell us the whole story how did the battery died., can you charge it? where are you from? Do you have multi meter to measure the voltage of the battery?

You might keep the ESC if it is OK…

I’m from France the whole story is that the board was working before but can do only 2 kilometers after that the board was stock for month and then when I try to use it again the battery did not work anymore but the led from the BMS was still working,someone suggest me to dissassemble the battery but boosted put a lot of glue and it was really hard to do if you don’t want to break the original cover. But after pull out the battery from the board the BMS did not working maybe because the cells are disconnect and when I put a charger on the bms there is not lights so don’t really know if the BMS still working. But I think the ESC is working the board is pretty new that’s why I want to keep it. I have a multi meter. I will post some photo of the board maybe it help

Ok, if you have acess to the batteries, try mesuring each cell and post the voltage of them…yeah photos would be nice :slight_smile:

It sound like over discharged batteries…

I already did a mesuring and if I remember correctly only half of the battery have 2.7V the other one was 0V

What do you mean by the half? that half of the cells (6) are 0V and 6 are 2.7V?

Exactly the left side or right side 6 cells was 0v and the other half 6 cells was 2.7v

Measure it once more to make sure, if it is same it looks like you have 6 dead cells…its kinda weird that they are all on the same side, my personal opinion is, that you will have to replace whole battery pack…but I am not experienced with BMS and batteries, maybe somone more experienced will help you :slight_smile:

Replace the whole battery is not a problem for me but how I can be sure that the BMS is still working. I don’t really want to put hundred bucks if my BMS is dead

Also if the BMS is dead do you think I can still use the same remote and ESC - Motor and take another BMS. I have many electric boards (not DIY) but if I can make an DIY Boosted board it will be great

Yes, you can for sure keep your ESC if you will use the same voltage… 10S LiPo or LiIon should be ok (used for external battery packs)…

I would swap the BMS, new BMS costs like 30$ if you buy small one just for charging :slight_smile:

1 Like

But befor you do anything, w8 for somone more experienced to give you advice…

1 Like

Some others with board on yt har the same problem and they made it work på ”jumpstarting” just drive the board without elektricity and it Will charge up

Just send your orignal battery to @barajabali and I am sure he will make you proper pack :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Even without working batteries, connecting the charger should produce a warning light of some sort

Original remote will require a bit of work considering it is a properties Bluetooth remote. Might be easier to put in a Bluetooth Arduino setup to communicate

You are definitely checking the voltage incorrectly unless something shorted between cells, which I highly doubt. Check voltage across B+ and B- on the BMS.

2 Likes

I don’t have any warning I think my BMS is fucked up

Also I did check the voltage across B+ and B- and it show 0 volt.

Actually I don’t really know what to do with the board hope I will find a way to fix it and keep the original ESC

But it’s good to know that there is more than one solution