Two in the bush worth one in the hand. Or something like that

5 Likes

??? What do you mean

When bird hunting.

2 Likes

Yeah so should I do it or not

In the hand worth more than in the bush

7 Likes

K it might be worth more in hand but still doesnā€™t tell me if the thing in hand is going to kill me when running it at 12s

No one can say. The six point six showed pretty good with the testing and reviews. Two functioning escs in hand are worth more than two that might show in months. Or maybe worth more than four. Real dollars worth more than future dollars.

1 Like

There is no perfect esc. The closest you will come is a proper vesc 6 from Benā€™s own hands.

A unity can fail. A flipsky can definitely fail. Everything can fail. Weā€™re riding tiny bombs, if you want 100% certainty that you have the best product you need to drop the cash on trampas website and not look back. Everything else is a compromise.

3 Likes

Or if ur like many youā€™d prefer to blow upcheaper stuff as you learn instead of ruining the most expensive. Often itā€™s user error. If ur running two atleast thatā€™s safer if one blows

1 Like

Out of interest, trampa will be releasing a marketable single vesc with power button soonā„¢

So is it worth going yes with the focboxes or are they just as bad

soā€¦ what were the problems with the Jason on 12S?

So I got offered 2 focboxes from a guy called @Rod12579

Here are some pic s of what he offered image image

For a unity I am kind of thinking itā€™s a bit unfair on my side

Cutouts on high voltage especially at high speed (I think)

Thereā€™s reviews here and you should search to get ahold of them then you will know more then us probably. I normally donā€™t say do a search but people have made threads on these escs and the info is compiled there and surely more informative than this thread

1 Like

After reading this especially @brenternet post I starting to think maybe just keep unity

DOnt have funds to go trampa so maybe if they are all going to fail at one point just go unity and hit and hope??:thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Is there any want for a trampa vesc 6 group buy

You could save like Ā£50 each if we get lots of buyers

I typically do search things out as much as I can. This isnā€™t really going to be one of them. Iā€™ve only really read great things about the Unity, except for the very few mis-pairings or something with the Hoyt Puck, which was swiftly explained/fixed.

If thereā€™s a small concise list of problems with the Unity that donā€™t have explanations as to why, Iā€™d love to have it spoon fed to me in this very instance.

1 Like

@skunk gave you his opinion and it seemed like you were sold on taking 2 focboxes over the unity.