Worst nightmare came true. Help me find out why…

I crashed again today this time my own misstake. Was practicing cornering at high speed. Felt good. Nice feeling did a lot of them progressively faster. Until it became to fast :slight_smile: And then I stupidly tried to run it off. But I had no change and ended up on my chest / stomach. Ended up in the dirt / crass. I wore everything I had but no impact protection other than the kvelar shirt on the chest and I think some rock gave me the two scrapes through the kvelar. But it’s not the scrapes that’s the worst. It’s the feeling after the impact. But hey I am ok nothing seriously and I will be out again when the board is charged back up.

It become more and more clear to me that I want the impact protection from my safety gear. That will be bulky and limit mobility and freedom, but hopefully not too much. A couple of days ago I ordered this piece. Could have used that today :slight_smile:

I am still considering some leathers, but as that can not be returned I will test other stuff first. And BTR doesn’t do impact protection on shoulders, and I want it everywhere :slight_smile:

@banjaxxed Those look nice. I have seen some good looking crash pants form the MC world with hard protection on the sides as the one you link to. I think that’s the way to go.

I have the hillbilly short. they are ok. I ware the outside my trousers. Not the most sexy looking. But inside the trousers the limit mobility way too much. On the outside I don’t notice them. They have a lot of padding BUT the hip crest and the hip padding are located so my trochanter major (the most protruding bone in the hip and where you will hit the ground) are right between the padding. Should not be possible whit all that padding, but it is :slight_smile: I think I will ad some g-form pants for everyday riding and then the hillbilly pants when I am pushing my limits.

IMG_9212

Alpinestars bionic tech:

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Alpinestars-Bionic-Tech-Jacket/SubProducts/Alpinestars-Bionic-Tech-Jacket-0003&Currency=DKK&Locale=da_DK&gclid=CjwKCAjwqfDlBRBDEiwAigXUaHYneAwqoi6ft3OKo0ASWE_gAgcSbj6EnYo_KCRK7l10jjOvq7sVCxoCLrAQAvD_BwE

I ended up here and the remote there :slight_smile: IMG_9211

3 Likes

The MX/MC world are very mature sports with products developed over decades, the same type of injuries occur, makes sense to piggyback their protection

Asides from the insignificant looks, what appeals is the hip area above the short line, these have lips areas which protect that part which often gets rashed.

I’d you want real protection of that area you need zip together bottoms/jackets as a jacket will almost certainly ride up when you slide

Yes. I often come close to something that would be ideal for us but only close. At some point we need to develope something specific to eskating

1 Like

A Swedish company called Lazy Rolling has developed a Kevlar lined armored hoodie, specifically for the eskating community, which seems promising.

Most motorcycle gear is designed for one time use, ridht? At least the road bike style stuff. With the thought that hopefully you never make use of it. Nylon that shreds and is not repairable.

Race stuff (leathers) is different, and I don’t know anything about dirt stuff, but I imaging you expect to fall in those disciplines and the gear is made for more than one get-off?

Not really. It does take some damage but it is definitely not a one deal affair. I have taken quite a few spills and my motorcycle jacket is in perfect working order.

20190421_185821

20190404_093617

2 Likes

@Bataleon Yes Robin and Daniel has started to make something for us. It does look promising. Let’s see what they can make of it in the future. I know they want to be here for a long time.

@deucesdown It seems that the motor cross and mountain bike gear are the gear that come closest to what I want from safety gear when I push the limits. I little correction of the design and it will be perfect.

@taz Do you have a link to the jacket your are using?

2 Likes

It is a Dainese Air Flux D1 and I have added a back protector. It is a motorcycle summer jacket so I can also use it during the summer. As long as I keep moving it is ok. During the winter I have to wear a down jacket underneath it since it does not provide any warmth or wind protection.

I would love to also get a leather winter jacket but it is a lot of money and since I got this one to work, I don’t really see a reason for it.

2 Likes