Will any hub motor last?

He was attacking third parties halfway through the 2nd paragraph of the first post, how is that constructive?

This is from the very first post of his thread:

In the very first post he is clearly saying that my product (and others) are not fit for sale

NOT CONSTRUCTIVE!!

8 Likes
2 Likes

TRUCK WEIGHT IS OVER 4000POUNDS

2 Likes
4 Likes

Well, if we are nitpicking rn, he said every hub motor on the market today / available today.

He did not even attack you in his first post.

I donā€™t know in which fantasy world you live sometimes, bu there canā€™t be one where the Raptor 2 is anywhere near ā€œon the marketā€ or even available. Do you se mellow lumbering around like an elephant in this thread.

I simply donā€™t.

1 Like

So tell me is this strong enough?

Itā€™s evidently strong enough for approximately 1000lbs or so of static loading, and a cool marketing video indeed, but to me itā€™s not really a useful test for most of the issues discussed in this thread.

I mean itā€™s a skateboard, not a display stand for trucks right?

The issues so crassly brought up by @Hummie are that of dynamic wear of the assembly which would lead to its failure. Iā€™m not taking sides with any of you, and as Iā€™ve only been lurking around here for a couple of months Iā€™m still a bit confused if this is a forum for open technical discussion or a marketing platform.

9 Likes

You must not have read all of his rhetoricā€¦

Such as;

In two weeks of using i suppose. So @natn0 is right about the dynamic load vs static load

No problems. The feeling is mutualā€¦ I will never hire you to engineer my aerospace equipmentā€¦ especially considering you donā€™t know how to tolerance a shaft for bearing fitmentā€¦

2 Likes

This is getting a bit too childish, I suggest you to stop.

11 Likes

If someone showed you the design flaw would you pull your product or defend it to the end? I would say that you are this far and you would defend it till the end because you have to much to lose. I think hummie has some good points but to me I would rather buy an over built product that has been proven, will last, and not give me problems down the road. Yea yea any company can offer a warrenty but who cares if you dont stand behind it. I think time will tell with real world use if this is a hub motor here to stay or just another maketing tool to get people to buy boards. I wish you all the luck. Also just a bit of adviceā€¦ dont use a truck to show how strong your hubs motors are this means nothing. Show testing in real world use.

1 Like

Onloop shows the joints, bearing and mounting strength lol. That after the weight theres no wiggle, bend or weird vibrations on the raptor.

Well idk. Before raptor2 is out its hard to say anything. What I do know for sure is that for people who just get started with DIY eboard, the price worth it. Everything you can imagine on an eboard its there. I am no mean on sponsoring raptor2, but I was trying to make the same high quality eboard with all the budget iā€™ve spent its worth it.

Iā€™m still DIYā€™er on this side, so buying raptor in not an option for me. The fun is building / assembly the board, not riding it.

2 Likes

Canā€™t tell if you are actually serious? My product is not available on the market yet. How could anybody possibly show that it has a design flaw?.. To claim that a product has a flaw one must have at least seen the product, no?

Hypothetical: If somehow, someone (preferably someone with legit credentials) can prove there is a flaw in my design Iā€™ll reward them with $10,000 bank deposit.

Iā€™ll also immediately update my design to incorporate the radical new design innovation.

In the meantimeā€¦ please take note of below points

1 Like

No offend, but in your video i see: When motor is accelerating/braking. Your so called ā€˜ā€˜staticoolā€™ā€™ part is spinning a bit. That caused my first build to fail.

Youā€™re right onloop and any claim that the product has a flaw canā€™t be made without further knowledge of what it really is and we canā€™t get that from what youā€™ve put out: the 3D exploded image isnā€™t really the design as they show a bunch of small screws holding the end cap on and also the videos you put out dont reveal what weā€™re looking for. Maybe you could do a sped up version of taking the motor completely apart and putting it back together again and I think that would reveal a lot more and please take the word"hypothetical" out of your offer! Despite the conflict of egos here in the end you benefit from this discussions. Maybe the ghost is a fantastic design and hereā€™s another opportunity to show that.

I assume the thinnest/weakest point of material holding the wheel on is the aluminum threads of the aluminum truck. (and I assume these aluminum threads have a cyclical stress fatigue limit)

Thread Shear Strength Calculator:

http://www.tribology-abc.com/calculators/e3_6e.htm

2 Likes

judging from what you were calling your design the burden is still on you and the title is appropriate. we have a community of interested people here and if you do the sped-up tear-down and we can all decide what we think. .

1 Like

ā€œhe started it!!!ā€

2 Likes