Why so much hate?

That pathetic excuse of an article is ridiculous. I used to skate, my commute from home to high school was 3 blocks. I got yelled at by the narcs all the time when we skated after school. On the weekends I hung out at skate parks getting dirty and sweaty. In college it was awesome being able to travel around campus at three or four times the speed of walkers. Skateboards make great seats and foot rests in class too.

Analog skateboards have a purpose and it’s fun but I t’s used for short travels/commutes and tricks, not for the distance and speed we travel at or awesome group rides.

Sure some people were never skater before this. But that goes for everything. That’s like looking down on a guy on a motorcycle while one a bicycles and calling him a dweeb…then my three year old looks at that bike guy and calls him a dweeb.

3 Likes

LOL XD. mind citing the article? this totally doesn’t seems cherry picket at aaaaaaaaaaaall.

1 Like

thanks bud!

I created a comment on that post under the name SunnyDiss, please upvote if you agree so they might see it and think a little. (its “pending approval”)

I don’t think theres a need to get worked up about that article. Its a form of satire. The thumbnail even says “our worst/most idiotic opinions”.

1 Like

Quite frankly, I highly doubt they’re really a fan of the skateboard/longboard scene in the first place (they don’t even know how much a good, solid skateboard or longboard costs for instance). Just ignore ignorant dumbasses like that. You’ll be better off for it.

I always wondered though…all this shit people post on the internet thinking there aren’t any consequences…someone should dare all these guys to stop being chicken shit and go up to the people they’re talking about and tell them their opinion straight to their face. Let’s see how that goes down :smirk:.

2 Likes

eh, why get so bent out of shape over the musings of some random person? she gets paid to write dumb click bait articles. she’s not encouraging people to put our safety at risk or anything like that, unlike some bikers and people in cars that get triggered when they see us on THEIR road.

1 Like

Meh, she’s not worth anyone’s time. The person who wrote that article intentionally pisses people off to make a profit, which I find immoral. Best to just ignore them and to not add more fuel to the [hate] fire.

I’m always interested in having an itellextaul conversation about the facts, that why my reply examines the fallacies of her post and doesn’t attack her personally

Today was satisfying. I rode to get a few things from the grocery store. Sped by four analog skaters who yelled something at me…while they were waiting at a bus stop.

2 Likes

just start offering them a tow :wink:

1 Like

I towed some guy the other day and it was fun as hell! XD

2 Likes

we have two motors for a reason!

1 Like

I’m blessed to be in a city with a large esk8 group and man the amount of hate we get during group rides is surprising to say the least.

Bikers flipping you off, analog skaters shouting obscenities, people fake jumping in your path …

It doesn’t happen that often but still more than I would’ve thought coming in

1 Like

I just get druck collage kids who think I’m from the future, and kids begging to ride my board. I don’t trust groups of 13 year old boys at 3am. Don’t got time for that.

2 Likes

The average person is resistant to change and respond in hateful and disrespectful ways.

Why?

Because change means having to adapt. To adapt means to learn. To learn for most people means taking risks and that entails making mistakes occasionally. And most people HATE to make mistakes. Too much pride and not enough humility. And as a result, they lash out.

1 Like

A guy whipped a beer bottle at me recently, funny I decided to veer off around a pole right when he threw it so he missed like the drunk jealous a-hole he was. I was in the zone having safe fun in full gear, and thought he was following and enjoying the look of the board like most ppl do. Nope, he was lining up his shot for 1/4 mile and misses like a dumbass.

I gave him the finger after seeing and hearing the glass, he was speeding away when I did no scratches but i felt it. Next time hit me a-hole!, prove a point or move the F on. Pull over and explain what I did wrong if i got in your way, but rarely do I do so, and I always stop, wave, or apologize when I do make a traffic error. My gear was looking mighty fresh that day, yellow tires, Fast new drive and flashy orange full face, He must have been so jealous!!! I even had some punks try to grab my board out of mcdonalds once, little f***s. Respect the hobby, respect traffic laws, and then remember your better than these whackos Ive mentioned. props to craig bellamy :stuck_out_tongue: article-1246554-080CD1C2000005DC-535_468x286

2 Likes

Holy F. Did he really kill that guy?!?!

discom said, “…but I’m definitely open to the possibility that there are petty fucks out there that would do harm for basically no reason whatsoever.”

Make that definitely. It seems I’m seeing more people being increasingly hostile for no reason whatsoever.

It’s not the weapons available to people…it’s the people.