Why helmet safety has become my #1 priority

I’m sorry you got hurt. Now that’s out the way, your “wooooooo” as you realized you were fucked was comedy gold.

1 Like

@Saturn_Corp thanks! getting better by the day…should be back rolling again in a couple weeks lightly after my upcoming trip to europe

@Deckoz this was my worst spill so far…ive faired better on the limited few others i had… i was def shocked…more than “in shock” when i saw my finger… like…we good…oh def not good lol…

id skated this route a couple times before but coming the other direction of this loop which is probably why i didnt feel this part of the road as I did here… wasnt a pot hold… but like a patch n slap job…i could see it when i scrubbed frame by frame where the exact moment was =/

2 Likes

Another gent on reddit with a helmetless fall that almost ended him

1 Like

is this new? u or a friend?

Saw that of IG.

Not me, chap on reddit. Lessons were learned luckily

Glad he’s ok…I’d like to see the helmet aftermath of hes in a neck brace

He didn’t have a helmet?

Im assuming he did…if u look at the pic theres a before and after pic… 2 guys have gloves on 1 doesnt… This dude has a fucked up hand in the “after” pic… Using my sherlock holmes right now :wink:

@accrobrandon

The weirdest thing about falling is how quickly it happens. One moment, you feel in control and before you know it, you are grinding your ass on the road.

And then things calm down for a brief moment before panic sets in as you go through the sensation in your body to quickly assess if you have broken anything.

3 Likes

I didnt say i was good at reading lol… Wtf is the point of the group pic then??

1 Like

@accrobrandon I was wondering the same thing. Wasn’t sure how the two pictures correlated. I thought maybe the first picture was what happened first, and the next photo was him geared up with a full face helmet so he’s prepared for the next time. Then I wondered which one he was in the pic, and if he was the guy with the Raptor 2, and if it threw him off somehow.

He is the Meepo dude.

When you are going really fast like 30+ i get into a tuck stance not just for wind resistance but for better stability. If you have any board malfunction at those speeds its face first into ghe ground. Ask me how i know lol

Full face is very important if you ever tuck anything can happen. In my case my front left motor on my 4wd build locked up at full throttle around 30mph. My board shot off to the left and i kept going straight. It happed so fast and i hit my helmet so hard till this day i have no memory of the actual fall. For sure i would be 100% dead with no helmet, the cracked ruroc would have been a cracked skull in the best case scenario. This is the second time a helmet saved me. I owe my life to Derek because of him and his memory i never ever ever ride with out a helmet even a short test ride.

5 Likes

I forced myself to watch this before my first board, first time I watched this I decided to never ride without a full face, there is never an excuse to not wear it.

watched this again recently (it’s on sky/now tv uk) I think it’s important to remind myself it’s not just me that gets injured with a TBI - friends and family get hurt big time.