Why has this industry been so overpriced for so long?

Yeah, but why is that important? He made a hypothesis based on zero information. He actually cited common sense as why ‘knows’ something. That certainly doesn’t prove the hypothesis. I can say for a fact that ABEC does NOT make a massive profit on flywheels, @davewood1982 “knows” it though despite the complete lack of evidence…

2 Likes

Theory* (I’m not making a low blow, I make misspellings often too) But your point about economics of scale is just a phrase until you add proper values, which you cannot.

1 Like

You don’t need actually numbers to understand the statement that, the market and production of esk8 parts it smaller than that of other products.

4 Likes

How can you say for a fact? You are now making hypothesis based on zero information, or if you have, you aren’t offering it.

1 Like

229 million TVs sold last year

probably 290,000 thousand electric skateboards

do the math, I don’t know how to explain this to you otherwise.

4 Likes

“PROBABLY” oh lord.

1 Like

can’t believe there’s no flags on this thread yet. was that functionality killed?

3 Likes

Ok srry I think it was just a typo he meant 200 million boards… in my town there are even repair shops for eboards… sarcasm

1 Like

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/3666808

I say probably because I’m making an estimate. Nobody knows the overall market, or nobody who does is willing to share it online.

3 Likes

Because it is an important conversation to be had, although there is bound to be a lot of opinions being thrown around.

1 Like

If anything the market is underpriced and we will soon see more expensive options … Go ahead, ask me how I know! :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

So don’t use it as a point then. Simple.

1 Like

i’m just enjoying the show hah

1 Like

The numbers are irrelevant, the theory is what matters. We just need to know that there are vastly more TVs sold then electric skateboards, which is why components are comparatively cheaper.

Prices go down in niche industries as they grow, because more people are buying hence more is made hence lower overall prices.

3 Likes

Good. Weed out the weak.

2 Likes

I can say for a fact because I know people that work at ABEC, I know what the material cost is for skateboard wheels and flywheels specifically.

I’m not offering you proof because I didn’t make the hypothesis, the burden of proof remains on the person that makes a hypothesis. I’m also not offering you proof because its privileged, and frankly you have no need for and don’t deserve the information.

5 Likes

Those are one of the core principles of economics… but if he doesn’t even understand that then whats the point of discussing with him…

2 Likes

Agreed, this thread has run its course. Even the original s***-stirrer is gone.

2 Likes

You made the hypothesis that ABEC doesn’t make huge amounts of profit, and didn’t provide proof. So if you can’t provide proof, retract the statement.

And the crowd says…

“How do you know”

:slight_smile:

5 Likes