Why do people endorse inserts over regular skate hardware when mounting enclosures?

@psychotiller uses the fine thread ones for the red ember boards

What glue would you recommend for that @Deckoz?

Any type of epoxy will do (make sure not to use too much hardener) or if you can get “Uhu Max Repair extreme” that shit glues metal and wood like crazy. It’s also great for glueing magnets.

1 Like

Hey sorry to bring up the old thread, I’ve been looking for a straight up answer somewhere, but can’t find.

What size drill bit do you use for the threaded inserts? The M4 ones like this?

I have it all explained in my build thread. Can be found here: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/project-red-db-freeride-38-inch-dual-6374-170kv-10s4p-2x-focboxes-eskating-enclosure-97mm-wheels/75446/48?u=bjork3n

1 Like

Where can I get that red piece from?

AU $2.65 10%OFF | 20pcs M2 M2.5 M3 M4 M5 M6 Aluminum Colourful Anodized Countersunk Head Bolt Washers Gasket Red/Grey/Gold/deep Blue/Black/pink

Come join the new forum over at forum. you’ll get a lot more response over there

Inserts are a pain in the ass and there’s no good reason to use them! Surely a t nut can be recessed under grip tape. I hate wood inserts.

Dude I thought the same for my first build buh they sucked! Have to make a recess with a forstner to get them to sit flush. Using a screw to sink them deforms them like crazy to the point screws seize. Have to pound them home with a hammer. If they start spinning despite the teeth it’s gonna be a fun time with epoxy.

I tried cleavis pins too, also disappointed :slight_smile: I thought it’d be faster than screws but no.

1 Like

I’ve put tons of t nuts in plywood but never a deck. Yea getting them flush I never needed to and surely harder than I thought