Whoosh! Motormounts for Caliber, TB, Surfrodz

To summarize some nice features of these mounts for new people looking at this thread:

• Sandblasted and anodized for sleek look and protection.

• optional idlers in aluminum that tucks in behind the wheel for support of large wheel while keeping mounts short.

• made in 7075-T6 aluminum

• two piece clamp for reliability and flexibility. The caliber mounts fit just as well on TB218 as on calibers without any need to file down the clamp.

• Holepattern on plates ensure no slipping/sag over time.

• direction and recess of clamp screws gives more ground clearance than other similar designs.

• extendable crossbars for use with most motor sizes.

• Downloadable pulley covers on the website

• Reversible, can be run fwd or rearward

• Stainless Steel hardware included

4 Likes

No worries @Mikaelj As soon as the mounts get here ill get some pics across, im wondering what belts will be best so will need a few to experiment with.

Im testing out the 177 TKP with 110mm shoulder bolts to see how they perform with the TB110’s .

Should have all complete on the 25th :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For 15mm belts in the meantime, you could use this old trick?

IMG_20190420_213435

IMG_20190420_213356

1 Like

image image image image image image image image image image image image

6 Likes

These TKP mounts fit a dream!

Took me a while to work out the combination on spacers and distance for the crossbar but got there in the end.

I’m using 177 TKP with 110 shoulder bolts with bergmiester wheels.

I have also fitted the Evolve 83mm street wheels with a 36 tooth gear and it uses he same spacer combination so when my TB110’s arrive they should fit perfect :slight_smile:

Just a few last bits to finish and I can tear it about :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Super wide at 14 inch!

image image image image image image

4 Likes

Nice! Really nice build. Do you think this would work with the 180 Surfrodz? That’s what I’m thinking of getting.

It’s too bad it can’t fit 2 crossbars.

Does 180mm surfrodz exist? To use the second crossbar on this setup you would have to topmount the deck or lower the angle of the mounts. I think this is fine as is, it’s better to have the ground clearance than the second crossbar in this case.

2 Likes

can you pls send the measures below? i want to double check if i can use this plate for @lrdesigns press fit design. 20190423_174605

1 Like

I think 180mm is the more common size for eskate.

btw, I have around 60kms on your mounts now on my Vanguard Deck build. The mounts haven’t moved at all. I’m so happy with them, it’s the 5th mount I tried and the only one that has such precise alignment and good design that the 12mm belts don’t skip even with no idlers being used and my 220lbs. Nothing has moved out of place either, super solid.

3 Likes

I will find the measurements for you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s so good to hear @gmurad ! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Is it the surfrodz tkp or rkp you are looking at getting? Tkp are 177mm and rkp 176 or 200mm hangers. Not seen any with 180mm.

Sorry, every time I said 180mm I meant to say 200mm

1 Like

dimensions_whoosh80

@Quiles

3 Likes

just finished designing this for my lrdesigns mounts. Here are the diameters your looking for. Hit me up on PM if you want anything - I now return you to your regular programming. :stuck_out_tongue:

ed: enlarged central hole to 30mm

RKP%20Motor%20Mount !

2 Likes

thanks for sharing. Just pm’ed you.

Screenshot_20190503_193431

2 Likes

What about to get some for my next build and realized they are Surfrodz TKP and not RKP clamps! Back to the drawing board

Yes, only Tkp at the moment. Rkp needs push-on type because of their strange hanger shape.

Caliber / TB218 clamps all sold out, just Tkp mounts and flywheel pulleys left.

I am continuing this thread over at : https://forum./t/whooshboards-motor-mounts-truck-pulleys/7966/3

1 Like