Whoosh! Motormounts for Caliber, TB, Surfrodz

The screw is supposed to be flush with the backside/motorside. I think I know whats wrong, I sent you a different type of screw than used with these before. I will update the model asap. Sorry for the inconvenience, are you able to print them again? Is the clearance to the wheel OK?

Found that I had modified it to fit the new screw type, but they still lacked 1mm to be flush/not hitting motor. Please check out these new models I just released on thingiverse, also I added more variations:

I didn’t actually try screwing it yet, just fitted it and visually there was very little space (maybe 1mm) between the 90mm ABEC11 wheels and the cover.

I have a lot of screw types and I can cut them, I will try the current one first to avoid reprinting (my PETG spool is vacuum sealed right now)

Ok, new files now have 1 mm more clearance to the wheel. I find it’s good to have them tight to help not get small stones and debris in.

@Mikaelj I installed a print in PETG from first file you sent me and rode it today. Everything worked out perfectly. I had some spare screws that were the perfect size (just slightly shorter then the ones you shipped)

image image image

4 Likes

@gmurad Perfect! :+1:

For those who wait patiently for the surfrodz mounts. The c-c 80mm version will be available from around the 15th of April. Also these new motor plates can be used for the current caliber clamps, giving you a solid option for adjustable mounts for caliber trucks as well.

3 Likes

nice! is there a rkp 200mm version?

1 Like

Only for tkp hex this time. Best bet would be to use the plates on @lrdesigns press it mount.

There really is nothing in this for me except that it’s fun to design these. Too small quantities for making any profit out of it currently. So any new truck clamp is unfortunately out of the question at the moment.

If there is enough interest I could have done it through a group buy or similar. But I rather would design a cnc truck especially made for esk8. Have already got some quotes that indicates I could sell them at the same price as surfrodz.

3 Likes

New clamps for tkp now available on the website! :open_mouth: Also new motor plate 80mm c-c

DSCF7643 DSCF7657 DSCF7661

5 Likes

Any chance the holes line up with evolve gt trucks?

I don’t think so, that would be pure luck if they did :slightly_smiling_face:

The Surfrodz clamps have nylon locknuts for all bolts:

DSCF7620

DSCF7622

6 Likes

You’re doing great work here man!

4 Likes

Thanks @DerelictRobot! :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

31%20PM

6 Likes

Why not buy from Etoxx and @Idea? I think they have matrix II mounts.

6 Likes

I also have some soft 83mm clones and flywheel pulleys on the site with really good prices right now. At this price the pulleys are a steal in my book since they cost more to produce. But they do no good collecting dust.

Pulleys have a nice chamfered ring that fits snuggly against the core. Tight fit inside the core prevents any wobbles. No need for hanger modifications:

https://whooshboards.com/product/black_83mm_78a/

chrome

4 Likes

@Mikaelj I see that you are expanding the line and I’m considering Surfrodz for the next build. With the new options of motor length that you have available I would think many would like to run 15mm belts instead of 12mm. Would you make 15mm pulleys? Also, can you make longer crossbars so the extender is not needed?

Ultimately it would be great if you could test fit your mounts on a real surfrodz, with dual 15mm belts ,dual 6374 or even 6380 motors and the crossbars. Currently it’s hard for me to tell if all of that would fit for sure.

@gmurad Thanks for the feedback. I know 15mm belts are popular because they (probably) will last longer and skips less when not using an idler. And I want to offer them in the future.

Personally I never need more than 12mm, its more room for motor, I feel it rolls/coast better, you can run a narrower truck and they never skip for me with the idler. The extenders do their job well and make everything modular so you can use the mount on all motor sizes, maybe I will offer longer crossbars in the future just to improve the looks of it.

I only have 177mm tkp with 6355 at the moment, but I saw @Powadangaboards just posted a photo of a build with tkp and some large motors, maybe he can help out with a picture when he receive his mounts, hope it’s OK that I mentioned you here @Powadangaboards :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes