Whats ur clearance of esk8? Call for Low Riders

Hello Everyone. I recently finished my second build with single drop deck.

it feels so much better and stable but the clearance for battery is 5cm or about 2inch. so far i dont have any problem.

what’s urs? lets post some low riders

1 Like

In the first pic my clearance is about 2 1/16" - 2 1/8" when it was drop through. The motor mount wan’t adjusted yet. I had just received the deck. In the second pic it’s hard to see the ruler, but clearance was about 2 5/8" - 2 3/4" that was top mounted. What I ended up doing was routing the deck for a drop through flush mount. So I hope to end up around 2 1/2" now.

I scraped bottom more than a few times at 2 1/8" clearance, but the enclosure is crazy strong.

6 Likes

Are those Avenue trucks? How are you finding them?

1 Like

With low clearance you bottom out a lot… I found that out the hard way when I went to San Diego and threw a board together quick

2 Likes

Funny you mention that because I was wondering if converting my drop deck into a double drop deck + drop through would be smart or stupid. Might end up with very low clearance lol

yeap, they are very smooth, even when turning it’s smooth. but not very suitable for downhilling. especially when fast turning, spring acts like a tremplin. have to be somewhat careful. its my cummuter so dont care too much

well it’s only 1/2inch drop but this makes significant less clearance. prob good idea to go with penu if u want that

1 Like

Thanks. So do they dampen all the bumps much then?

yeah a lot. lets asy if penu is 100% damp. avenue is like 80%

1 Like

I love my Street builds to be this low. I have yet to actually crack an enclosure, Lots of contact scratches, but thats fine with me. The all terrain builds are only a little taller, not much though and we ride over everything! 2 1/8" to 3" is good clearance. Taller than that and it doesn’t feel right to me.

2 Likes

When I first got it I scraped it across a curb or two. Can’t even see it. This enclosure is very tough. I don’t do much off-roading. Just some short cuts here and there to avoid people. Que the low rider theme please.

1 Like

Awesome I’m not the only one that likes the lowrider. I’ve got about 1 7/8 in of clearance from the deck to the ground, too low for anything underneath. I’m going to mount the motors out the back and batteries on top of the back truck.

3 Likes

I like the idea. Post pics when you are done if you can. I know we don’t see it. But I had thought of having a box on top top just like the mountain board guys so I could slam the deck low.

1 Like

I like this thread… probably wont qualify for ‘low rider’… but maybe ‘high rider’ title would suit better.

About 14 cm / 5.5’ till deck

About 12cm / 5.72’ to nearest binding screws

About 9cm / 3.54’ to the kingpin nut/screw

6cm / 2.36’’ to the wheel gear

So wheel gear is most vulnerable but when going off high curbs, deck might be the one which gets the most damage (though hasnt happened a lot)

Would be interesting to see some other emtb builds and their clearances.

3 Likes

I seem to have only around 5 centimeters between enclosure and the ground :open_mouth: It’s top mount on drop down deck. Conscious decision to make it stable and nicely steering. And it actually is :grinning:

4 Likes

my man~I like the directdrive b

1 Like

Just wanted to point out that your wheelbase is an important factor too. A long wheelbase needs more ground clearance than a shorter one

3 Likes